Chapter 89: Workout

Yup. RWBY's goin' to the gym. Why? Practice for an ACTUAL story with ACTUAL plot that ACTUALLY makes ACTUAL SENSE. As well as changing some Gacha outfits, because, as stated before, I can't draw for shit. Raven, Penny and Neo are joining. Baked Alaska and Nuts & Dolts might happen here.

4:09 A.M. Raven's POV

Waking up never felt good to me. At least, not until I asked Monika to help heal my scars up. Being a tribe leader's tough. Especially when you're a Maiden.

I tap the pen I'm holding against my bottom lip to think of more words for the thought-book {I refuse to call it a diary, Kali...} entry.

It's almost endearing how much Monika really cares for someone like me. Hell, I actually CARE about Yang. And Ruby, who isn't even a kid I made. Makes me tear up every time I think about Monika. She's... iunno. She's special. Like, in the way that Yang or Ruby are. If she wanted it, I'd adopt her.

I freeze up.

'Did I really just write that?' I mouth to myself, looking at the words on the page.

'Why do I care so much about Monika..?' I mouth before I close the pen, close the book, LOCK the book and put the book in my secret pouch before I rub my face.

God, I need coffee... I'm NOT a morning person.

I walk out of the room and to the kitchen, where Kira is sleeping. I smile a bit and kneel down to her before rubbing the side of her stomach, and she trills, looking at me before I shush her quietly, and she falls back to sleep in no time.

"Adorable." I whisper before I grab the things needed to make black coffee.

"Have you ever tried eating the beans raw?" I hear Shadow ask behind me, and I draw my sword to him, startled.

He doesn't budge.

"Scared?" Shadow asks, and I sheathe my sword.

"You tell anyone, ESPECIALLY Yang, and I will gut you. Even if you're protecting us." I snarl.

"Fair." Shadow responds.

"But, *exhale*, no. I haven't." I respond.

"You should try it. It's delicious. ...and crunchy." Shadow responds, and I, confused, look at the brown beans in my hand.

What was that thing from the movie with the lions? Hakuna Matata?

I pop the beans in my mouth and crunch them, suddenly getting a surge of energy. And a strange craving for chocolate.

"Huh. What's in these things?" I ask.

"I'm not sure, but you got those from the fridge, right?" Shadow asks.

"In a bag. Why?" I ask.

"Those were Senzu Beans covered in chocolate." Shadow responds.

"No wonder I now have a craving for chocolate." I respond.

Shadow looks around before smirking.

"Yuri has a secret stash of chocolate bars in the basement. The code is 1-2-0-7-3. Why do I know this? Saw it out of the corner of my eye. You didn't hear this from me." Shadow snaps before he warps away.

I smirk before I head to the basement, seeing as nobody's awake, and I spot the safe to the left. I head over to it before entering the code and opening the safe. There's only a note.

'I.O.U. - DP'

"Deadpool..." I snarl before shutting the door.

An idea comes to mind. I turn into my corvid form before flying in front of Yuri and Monika's room and returning to my human form. I knock on the door. It takes a second, but someone opens the door. It's a shadowy figure with glowing purple dots for eyes.