Chapter 34: K & K

Who are they? Why are they here? Who knows but me and the co-writer? That's right, I got me a co-writer!

3:37 A.M. Sonic's POV

I head up to my usual spot on the roof when I get a phone call.

The hell? Who could be calling me?

I look at the contact to see that it's her. It's Kami! I immediately hit 'call'.

"Hey, Kami! Howzit hangin'?" I ask.

"...Don't talk to me like that." She replies, seeming angry.

"What? What's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing. Nevermind." She snaps, and hangs up.

She's never acted like this... never.

I decided to call her back. It rang, and rang, and rang. It went to her voicemail.

"Hello, this is Kami. I'm not available right now. Please leave a message." The voicemail spoke, and the beep occurred.

"Kami, what's going on? You're always willing to talk to me. What happened? If you're mad about me leaving, I'll see what I can do to help you get here." I respond before hanging up and burying my hands in my face, exhaling heavily.

I hop off the roof and head inside. Everyone's awake. I scratch my head and sit down on the bench on the porch. I think of where that 'Hellsing' place could be, and I remember Alucard saying it was in England. So, I run as fast as I can to there, making it there in a minute, flat. I knock on the door, and a middle-aged woman with long blonde hair and tan skin opens the door.

"Who are you? How did you get here? We're currently in a war, here." She states, glaring at me.

"Listen, I don't mean to rain on your parade here, but I kinda need to see Goku." I explain, and she moves out of the way.

I dash past her, looking in every room until I see his. He's sleeping noisily. I walk over to him and tap his shoulder until he wakes up.

"Huh, what? Oh, hey! Do you need something?" Goku asks, sitting up.

"Yeah. Do you have some sort of... Dragon Ball locator or something?" I ask, and he nods, looking in his sack he brought with him before handing me a scanner.

"Here you go! There are 7 of them, and you can find them with this!" Goku exclaims.

Seven? Why does it seems like he's copying me...

"Thanks!" I exclaim, dashing out and finding the Dragon Balls in no time flat.

My phone rings, and I pick it up. It's not Kami, but another friend of mine, Blaze the Cat.

"Look, Kami's going through a hard time. She had to get surgery because... well... she has a disease that causes extreme discomfort in the eye, and a procedure had to be performed. Her eye still hurts her pretty badly, which is why she's upset. Thought you should know." Blaze states, and she hangs up.

I stare at the phone in horror. For roughly... a minute before snapping to my senses. I summon Shenron and ask him my wish; to bring Kami and Katrina (reluctantly) from wherever they were. And to bring Kami when her surgery's done. He complies, and in a bright flash of light, Katrina appears in front of me, in a dizzy haze while Kami also appears, holding her eye. She isn't as dizzy as Katrina.

"Hiya!" I exclaim.

Kami's ears perk up, and she hugs me instantly. I noticed that she was wearing an eyepatch. She removes her arms from me and punches my arm playfully.