Prologue

You could never forget the last night you and him were together. it was a night full of passion and warmth. you loved him even though you knew how much of him was shrouded by darkness,  mystery and sin. you knew he was in the Mafia, but that didn't change the fact that you still fell for him. 

as much as he hated to admit it to himself he began to grow attached to you. he knew he shouldn't, considering he was the scum of the underworld. but seeing your pure innocence and light he just couldn't help himself. he had to see what you were like. at first it was just simple curiosity, but then it turned into something much more. something much more serious and dangerous. 

love. 

he knew that it would be too high a risk to keep you by his side while in this type of work so he decided that this would be his last night with you, of course he had no intention on telling you that. he knew if he saw your face, if he told you he would immediately go back on his decision and that was something he couldn't risk. 

early that morning while you were still asleep he snuck out of your bed being carful not to wake you. he got dressed and started heading to the door, but looked back seeing your face smiling in your sleep. 

"I'm sorry Y/n, but this is for your own good." 

he took off a key that was hanging around his neck. it was old and warn, it looked like it probably belonged to an old chest. he set it on your dresser turning back to the door walking out. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 years have passed since that day. you were still much the same as you always were, you still thought of him, you still loved him. you still wondered if he still loved you, only one thing had been added to your life. 

"mommy!" 

a small 5 year old girl called to you, trying to to get your attention. 

"hmmm?" 

you looked up at her. she had brown wavy hair that was tied back with a white ribbon. she had your eyes, and a blue dress on as well as a backpack. 

"I'm heading to school ok." 

"ok be careful on your way to and home. I'll be working a little later than usual today so be sure to lock the doors when you get back home." 

"ok!-" she nodded "don't worry mommy I can handle it no problem!" she said in an enthusiastic way much like how her father would act. 

"alright. well you better get going you don't want to be late." 

"right!" 

she waved as she headed out the door, after it closed you sighed. she was so like her father in so many ways. she had his hair, and goofy smile, and joking personality. she shared your kindness, although at times she did have a smart mouth and didn't know when to shut up sometimes. 

truly she was yours and Dazai's child. 

you sighed stretching. "well time to get to work."