(17.)

Ivy

Ivy

I'm a mom now and the feeling is so surreal, but at the same time...I can't even remember my life before I had a baby. Sienna was my sweet little angel baby, who was the perfect mixture of both me and Derrick, and we were both in awe of her.

Right now, Sienna was taking a nap in her bassinet, and I laying down trying to get a quick nap in. Between taking care of a newborn, trying to get back to working, and looking for a place to live...I was starting to get overwhelmed. I groaned, hearing soft moans coming from down the hall, as I climbed out of bed and went to close my door. I figured those two would get it on now that he's back, but I hope and pray that she isn't loud enough to wake my baby.

Climbing back into bed, I called Derrick, and pressed the phone up against my ear.

"Hey baby." He answered.

"Hey, where are you? I thought you'd be back home by now." I asked him.

"I ran into some of the cast members from the movie we did and we ended up hanging out for a bit. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I was just wondering when you'd be home, but have fun." Was I upset? A little bit, but I don't expect for him to stay couped up in a room with me and a baby all day everyday, but then again...he should want to spend time with me and his newly born daughter. Right?

"Hey... I'll be home soon, aight? I promise. I love you." He said, clearly noticing that I sounded upset.

"Okay, I love you too." I murmured. I hung up the phone and sighed, closing my eyes, as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

*

An hour later, I was awaken to the sound of Sienna starting to fuss, which meant that it was time for her bedtime bottle. I sat up in the bed and started making her a bottle, before climbing out of bed and going to retrieve her from her bassinet.

 I sat up in the bed and started making her a bottle, before climbing out of bed and going to retrieve her from her bassinet

Baby Sienna - 3 Months Old

"Hey there, my sweet angel." I cooed, kissing her. I laid her down on the bed and changed her diaper, before taking off her clothes, and wiping her down with a baby wipe. She looked up at me and smiled, making me smile as well, as she started kicking her little legs. "You are just the most beautiful baby ever. And I'm not just saying that because you're my daughter." She squealed as I put on her footie pajama onesie, along with a bib, before propping her up on her baby pillow and easing the bottle into her mouth. I yawned, grabbing my phone to see what time it was. I promised my dad that I'd call him whenever she woke up, so he could talk to his granddaughter.