(6.)

Ivy

Ivy

One Week Later

"Ivy!" Bella shrieked, as she pulled me into her arms and hugged me tight. Derrick and I arrived in California about forty-five minutes ago, and we ended up catching an Uber to Bella and Gabe's house; which was even bigger and more beautiful than the pictures she sent me. I can't believe this is where they live!

"Bella!" I smiled hugging her. That's all I've been looking forward to for the last week, getting here and hugging my cousin because I knew she needed it.

"Hey Derrick. I know we met briefly a few months ago, but it's good to see you again. Come in, come in. How was the flight?"

"It was good. I slept the entire time, while Derrick read a few books. He's such a bookworm."

"What can I say? A good book is the best escape from reality." He chuckled.

"That's cool. I've got the guest bedroom all made up for you two, and I want you both to make yourselves at home. Mi casa es su casa." She said, showing us to where we'd be staying.

"This is a nice ass house you got." Derrick said, looking around. "We really appreciate you letting us stay here."

"Thank you and it's no problem at all. I'll let you both get settled and if you need me, my bedroom is right down the hall." I nodded as she left the room, closing the door behind her.

"She seems to be doing good, considering what's going on with her husband." Of course I told Derrick, but since he didn't know Lucas or Amber, I had to give him a full rundown of the situation.

"I'm not convinced." I said, laying across the bed. Oh man...this is one comfortable ass bed! I need to invest in one once we find a place to live. "That's how Bella copes. She acts as if she's okay, when she's really not. She puts on this brave face and act all cool, but I've known her all my life and I know when she's putting on an act." I sat up and climbed off the bed, letting Derrick know that I'd be right back.

I stepped out of the room and walked down the hall, poking my head into Bella and Gabe's bedroom. Their room was bigger than both mine and Derrick's dorm room combined! Sheesh!

"Bella?" I called out.

"Yeah?" She responded, as she came walking out of the bathroom. I was glad to see her wearing her real hair again, especially after she had been experimenting with wigs and what not. "Quick question. Does this dress make me look fat?"

"You're kidding right?"

"I wish I was, but seriously." She turned to the side, before giving me the full view of her outfit.