(25.)

Bella

Bella

"IT'S A BOY!" The doctor announced, as the tears started up once again. Gabe was smiling widely, as he stepped away for a brief moment, returning with our son in his arms.

"Baby Legend. Welcome to the world." He smiled, leaning down so that I could see him. He was the most beautiful baby in the entire world, and I'm not just saying that because he was my son. Well...maybe I am, but still.

"Hi Legend." I smiled, feeling my vision getting blurry, as I placed a soft kiss on his hand. "Can I hold him?"

"Of course." Gabe slowly attempted to place him in my arms, but the next thing I knew...everything went black. Beep. Beep. Beeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppp.

*

*

My eyes shot open as I picked my head up and looked around my hospital room. That moment was the last thing I remember before everything went dark and according to my mom and doctors, I had been out for over a week and a half. It made me sad knowing that I missed out on a week of my son's life, but both Gabe and my parents had taken pictures of him every single day, so I already felt like I hadn't missed a thing.

"Hey baby girl. You alright?" My dad asked, as he sat up on the couch. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Where's mom?" I asked, noticing that she wasn't in the room.

"She ran out to get some food, seeing as how you refuse to eat the hospital food, but I don't blame you. They want you to get sick off this shit so you don't have to leave." We both started laughing, as he stood up and stretched out. "You sleep aight?"

"Not really. I um...I had a dream, well it was more like a nightmare, but it was the moment Legend was born. I was perfectly fine, despite how I was acting throughout that entire night, but then after he was born...I remember my vision getting blurred and then...darkness. I just don't understand what happened. I did everything right, didn't I? I ate healthy, despite scarfing down cupcakes every now and then, but in my defense...it was a craving that I couldn't ignore."

"You were always a little cupcake monster." He chuckled, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "And you did nothing wrong, Bella. Things like this just happen and though you weren't prepared for it...you still managed to make it out."

"But what if I didn't? What if I would've died?" I asked, as the tears swelled up in my eyes.

"We're not going to even think about that." 

"But I can't help it, dad. All I keep thinking about is dying and leaving Gabe alone to raise Legend without me! I'm sure he'd be a great single father, but let's face it...dude is hopeless when it comes to changing diapers!" My dad started laughing, making me laugh a little, as he reached up and wiped my tears away.