(28.)

Ivy

Ivy

After the talk I had with Gabe earlier, I was feeling better about everything, and more confident then I had ever felt in my entire life. I was prepared to let Derrick know that I wanted to work things out and that I wasn't giving up on us or our family. We've spent the last week apart and I have no idea what he's been doing, but I did know that if he was with Ashley...I was going to lose my shit.

Derrick called me and asked to have lunch, so he could see Sienna, and we could talk; which I was both nervous and excited about. I was nervous because I didn't know what to expect, but I was also excited because I seriously missed him. Despite us going through this rough patch, Derrick was more then just my baby's father. He was my best friend.

"Ready to see daddy, boo?" I cooed, as we walked into the restaurant. Derrick saw me and flagged me down, as I walked over to where he was, and sat down across from him. He smiled at Sienna, taking her from me, as he kissed her cheek.

"Hey daddy's baby. I missed you." He said, showering her with kisses. I stood up and removed my jacket, sitting back down, as I looked up and saw Derrick gawking at me.

"What?"

"You know what. You get all dressed up for me?" He licked his lips and smiled at me, making me roll my eyes.

"Don't flatter yourself. You said we were having lunch, so I took that as an opportunity to get a little dolled up." I said, being partially honest. I did dress up for myself, but I also wanted to look good for him as well.

"Uh-huh...you know you wore that tight ass dress for me." He smirked, sitting Sienna down in his lap. I cocked my head to the side, leaning back in my seat, as I crossed my arms.

"First of all, my dress isn't tight. Asshole. Secondly, You said you wanted to talk, right? So let's talk."

"We will...AFTER we have lunch." I nodded and grabbed the menu, opening it up, and scanning the lunch section. "Also, don't worry about the prices. This date is on me."

"Oh, so this is a date?" I questioned, looking up at him.

"I don't invite a beautiful woman, who just so happens to be the mother of my child, out and pay for her meal just to do so, so yeah...issa date." He said. I'm not sure if he was trying to be funny or sweet, continuously calling me beautiful or whatever, but this is what I wanted so I wasn't going to complain. 

*

During lunch, we talked and laughed as if we didn't have any unresolved problems between us, and I seriously missed this side of Derrick. The sweet, romantic, and funny side, which was how he was when we first met, and I felt a glimpse of hope that things might be okay.

"Look at this girl here." Derrick chuckled, as we both looked at Sienna, who was fast asleep against his chest. Her pacifier was hanging out of her mouth, as she snored lightly, looking like the cutest little angel. "All she does is eat and sleep, I swear."