Chapter Eighteen

It was the first weekend of December. I was laying out in the front yard with Brandy as Johnny fucked around with his bass. I kept messing with the promise ring Brian gave me for my birthday. Brandy and I both were getting aggravated and worried that they were still not back yet.

"How much longer?" I asked breaking the silence.

Johnny looked up from his bass kind startled.

Brandy shrugged her shoulders, "soon I hope."

I sighed and looked out at the street, hoping, just hoping, they would pull up or something.

I started to give up and go in the house to get drinks when I herd laughing.

"Do you hear that?" Brandy said jumping up from her chair and looking at me.

I looked at her then Johnny.

He laid his bass down and looked at the street.

I walked back to Brandy and Johnny. We all looked at each other.

The laughed grew closer, so all of us ran out to the side walk.

Sure enough, Synyster, Jimmy and Zacky were a few houses down, heading our way.

I felt like crying. I wanted to run to them, but I couldn't move.

"Zacky!" Brandy yelled.

They all stopped walking and looked at us.

Syn and Zacky had shocked looks on their faces. Jimmy was smiling.

"Cyndy?!" Brian yelled looking right at me.

Brandy took off running toward them. Zacky ran at her as well and met her face way.

Brian looked at Jimmy and he nodded his head just as Brian ran to me.

I stood their waiting for him to reach me and we he did, he picked me up in his arms, spinning me around.

"Oh my god, I missed you so much!" He yelled as he sat me down and kissed me.

I smiled and grabbed his hand, "I loved my present."

He looked at my hand and his face lit up, "really?"

I nodded my head and hugged his neck.

"I wish I could have gave it to you myself." He whispered in my ear.

I just hugged his neck tighter, "I don't want you to leave again."

He looked me in the eye and didn't say anything.

"Happy late birthday." Zacky said as him and Brandy made their way to us.

"Hey you!" Jimmy yelled, "where's my hug?!"

I let go of Brian and jumped in my brothers arms.

Brandy ran to us and hugged us together.

"Did you have a good birthday?" Jimmy asked as he sat me down.

I nodded my head.

He pulled his back pack off and opened it, pulling out a painting of a wolf, the handed it to me.

" I saw this at a local store in North Caroline and thought you'd like it." He told me.

I hugged him again, "thank you."

All of us walked into the yard and sat down. Brandy and I got a good look at them and started to realize, they didn't look so good. At all.

"Holy shit, what's wrong with you guys?" Johnny asked coming out of the house with sodas.

Zacky scratched his head, "we kinda skipped meals a few times just to have gas to go from one place to another."

Brandy slapped his leg.

"Come on, you guys need a real meal. I'm using my birthday money and buying you all something." I said as I jumped up.

Brian grabbed my hand, "no don't do that."

I shook my head, "I am, so watch me."

I jerked away from him and went to grab my money along with the car keys.

*Brandy's point of view.*

After Cyndy took us to lunch, we went to Matts to hang out, rather know, I was attached to Zacky at the hip. I wanted to be with him every second.

As it started to get dark, everyone slowly said their good byes. Johnny went home, Jimmy went to Leanas, and Cyndy took Syn back to our house a little earlier. Zacky decided he wasn't ready to head back to our house, but to go walking threw the park.

"Are you not tired?" I asked him.

He nodded his head.

"Then why are we here?" I laughed.

He smiled and we walked around the corner to their spot.

A small tent was set up. It was cute.

"You did this?" I asked clueless, "you were with me ever since you got back, how?"

He laughed and pulled me inside the tent, "Before we left Matts when we got back, I asked him to do this for me."

I hugged his neck, "that's so sweet, but why?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "I figured Syn would want to go to your house with Cyndy since his little sister is up all night."

I smiled and kissed him.

He smiled back and laid down, pulling me close to him.

"Brandy, if I ever tour'd again like that, would you be okay with it?" He asked.

I thought about it for a second. I hated it. I didn't like it at all, but I didn't care right now I just loved the fact that he was back.

I nodded my head yes.

"I love you." He said after he kissed my head.

I snuggled closer to him, "Zacky Baker, you mean the world to me. I love you too."