Chapter Twenty Two

*Zacky's point of view.*

Warped Tour: Day 23.

Holy shit, Warped Tour was so unreal being behind stage and actually touring it then attending it. It was a lot more work then we thought but it was so worth it.

"Im so fucking glad they feed us." Johnny said grabbed a plate and heading for the table I was sitting at.

"Have you ate already?" Shadz asked me as he sat down as well.

I nodded my head and conuited writing.

"Whatcha writing?" Johnny asked.

I added a few more words, then folded the paper up, slipping it in my pocket. "Its just a song im working on. I thought it would be good to have something when we head into the studio."

Matt nodded his head and started stuffing his face.

"Whats it about?" Johnny asked taking a drink.

I looked at Syn, who was getting his food. "Its about Brandy. I miss her dude." I said sadly.

"Im sorry." He said.

I sighed, "Want to know what its called?"

He nodded his head, "I Wont See You Tonight, part1."

"Part one?" Shadz asked.

I nodded my head, "Syn is writing part 2 about Cyndy."

"Thats really clever." Shadz said, "Can I read it later?"

I thought about it for a second, "When I finish it? Im almost done."

"Good deal, now come on, we got about an hour before we go on. Val is handing out flyers. I thought we would help before we play." Shadz said finishing his food.

Johnny and I got up and started to follow him, but I stopped when we past Synyster, who just sat down by himself.

"You doing okay?" I asked him.

He looked up at me and nodded his head, "Yea. Im gunna work on that song, until we play. Tell Val tomorrow I'll hand flyers out with her."

"Im almost done with mine and I plan on letting  Matt read it on the way to the next venue." I told him.

He nodded his head and started eating.

I hated seeing him like this.

Right before we went onto play, Jimmy was telling me how Cyndy and Brandy were doing. It made me think about Brandy more and more. I knew Jimmy didnt mean anything by it, he just missed his sisters and I think he knew, I missed Brandy. After he finished talking I walked up to the side of the stage and started warming my fingers up. Insted of playing a song from our set, I planned a rythem of an ide a I had for the song I was writing.

"Hey that sound good." Val said walking up to me after she pushed our speakers out on stage.

I smiled, "Thanks."

That night, after everything was loaded, and before we left, we were just hanging out witha few of the other bands. I kept kind of quiet going over my song. I was now, done with it, and ready for Matt to read it. I liked it. I read it over and over again in my head.

"Cry alone, I've gone away. No more nights, no more pain. I've gone alone, took all my strength. I've made the change, I wont see you tonight. Sorrow, sank deep inside my blood. All the ones around me, I cared for and loved. It's building up inside of me, A place so dark, so cold, I had to set me free. Dont mourn for me, You're not the one to place the blame. As bottles call my name, I won't see you tonight. Sorrow, sank deep inside my blood. All the ones around me, cared for and most of all I loved. But I can't see  myself that way. Please dont forget me or cry while I'm away. Cry alone, I've gone away. No more nights, no more pain. I've gone alone, took all my strength. But I've made the change, I wont see you tonight. So far away, I'm gone. Please dont follow me tonight, and while I'm gone, everything will be alright. No more breath inside. Essence left my heart tonight. No more breath inside, essence left my heart tonight."

"Hey, are you ready?" Jimmy asked pulling me from my thoughts.

I shook my head and looked at him funny, "For what?"

"Were going to go ahead and go. One of the other bands are going to met up with us at a  gas station andd grab us a few beers." He told me.

I folded my song up and put it in my pocket as I followed him to the van.

*Synysters point of view.*

We pulled up to a gas station. Jimmy and Matt hopped out of the van. I looked up at Val and she was shaking her head.

"Valaroy!" I yelled at her.

She quickly looked back at me like I had scared her.

I laughed, "They arent stealing it. A band is buying it for them thats old."

A sign of releif came across her face, "Thank you."

I smiled and pulled out the paper I had been writing on all day.

"Catch!" Matt said tossing me a beer.

I nodded to him and cracked it open, taking a drink.

"Zacky!" Jimmy said crawling in the middle with him.

Zacky looked up at Jimmy and got the beer, then pulled out a piece of paper, handing it to Matt.

"I'll read it." Matt said getting in the van next to him.

Johnny jumped up front and started to drive off out of the gas station.

 I had the whole back to myself, which I was happy about it. I could work on my song in piece. I flipped the litle light on above me and grabbed a pen. I started thinking about Cyndy and how much I missed her. How bad it sucked I wouldnt see her face when we got back. I hate it, with a passion. I took a deep breath and toughed the pen to the paper and started to write.

"Come back to me, this is unconceivable. Breaking apart the ones you love. Hate runs deep for what you've done to us. Left alone through suicide...suicide. I just want to die, take away my life, lay by your side, please.. Come back to me this is unconceivable. Breaking apart the ones you love. Hate runs deep for what you've done to us, left alone through suicide. Look at my face you pierce with a blank stare. No dream could prepare a heart for a lifeless friend. He's gone. Nothing will take back time. I need him back, but nothing will take back time. I can see just fine with you in my life, there by my side as it starts to fade I know this cant be right, stuck in a dream, a nightmare full of sorrow. Nightmare. I look back and see the twisted road. Best friends and despair took its toll. Take away. Sorrow, sank deep inside my blood. All the ones around me, I cared for and most of all I loved. But I cant see myself that way, please dont forget me or cry while I'm away. Look at my face you pierce with a blank stare. No dream could prepare a heart for a lifeless friend. He's gone. Nothing will take back time. I need him back, but nothing will take back time. I can see just fine with you in my life, there by my side as it starts to fade. I know this cant be right, stuck in a dream, a nightmare full of sorrow.."

Tears  dripped onto the paper as I finished writing. I quickly whipped my face and looked around. Jimmy had crawling back here with me and pasted out. Zacky was asleep against the window. Matt had his arms wrapped around the back on Val's chair, talking to her and Johnny.

"Hey, how long as it been?" I asked.

Matt looked back at me kind of shocked, "I thought you were asleep dude. Its been maybe two, almost three hours since we left the gas station."

"Really?" I asked kind of shocked.

He nodded his head, "Want another beer? There's one left."

I nodded my head and he handed it to me. I handed him my song.

"Whats this?" Matt asked.

I opened the beer and took a drink, "Its the second part to the song Zacky wrote. I finished it."

"Really?" Matt asked looking over it.

I nodde my head again.

"This is really good, its about Cyndy right?" He asked.

"Yea." I mumled.

Matt stuck it in his pocket, "We'll record these when we get back."

"I think Zacky has some cords in his head already. I have some as well." I told him.

Matt nodded his head and looked back upfront.

I leaned back in the seat and downed my beer.