4.

After the concert, Chloe drove me back to her house, and as soon as we got comfortable in her warm bed, she made me tell her every single detail of the conversation that I had with Luke. I remembered it vividly, but at the same time, it felt like it didn't even last a minute. It was no surprise when she fell asleep quickly after my rambling, though. I sighed, moving closer to the edge of the bed and staring at the wall.

Yes, I was absolutely exhausted too and wanted to fall asleep. But how was I supposed to sleep when my heart was beating a hundred times per second? How was I supposed to sleep when my brain kept replaying the encounter over and over?

It felt like the night I had my first kiss. Except amplified.

Needless to say, I didn’t sleep at all that night.

I barely got any sleep the next few days because I kept myself up by believing that he would text me. I seemed to think of every possible responses to anything that he might text me and rehearsed them in my head.

It wasn't until Tuesday night, three days after the concert, that I got a strange text.

I was sitting at my desk, biting nervously at the side of my cheek as I stared at the blank word document on my laptop that was supposed to have three thousand words on it. I kept frantically looking at the time in the corner of my screen. It was just past 9pm.

*buzz buzz*

I heard my phone buzz yet again. No matter how much I told Chloe to let me concentrate, she would still text me a million times. I always wondered where she got the time to do homework since she was on her phone all day and all night.

*buzz buzz*

I groaned, angry at myself when I decided to reach for my phone. I was surprised when I saw a text from a number that I didn't have in my contacts. Actually, I was just surprised to see a text from anyone besides Chloe. I really needed more friends.

I unlocked my phone, checking my messages as fast as I could before I got my hopes up. I ignored the ten new messages from Chloe and tapped on the new message from the unknown number.

?: Hey (-: wanna come 2 a party 2nite?

I squinted at my screen as if I was reading it incorrectly. It was probably a wrong number, but if it was really who I thought it was.. I never rehearsed what to text back to him if he asked  this.

k: depends. who is this?

?: Woops. Probably shoulda started out with my name, right? haha it's Luke.

I felt my heart speed up, but I tried to stop it. It had to be somebody messing with me. Ugh, I would murder Chloe if this was her texting from her sister's phone.

k: hmm, how do i know this is you?

?: I guess you'll find out when you see me tonight ;-)

k: well i'll need some more details before i take this into consideration

He quickly sent over an address to some club in LA. I looked back at my laptop, closing out of Word and quickly opening up Safari. Tapping my fingers quickly, I googled the address to find a very expensive-looking club. I would most likely drive out there and immediately get kicked to the curb because the person that texted me was definitely not the Luke Hemmings.

?: You'll be on the list.. see you in a couple hours (hopefully)

Throwing my phone onto my bed, I stood up, running my fingers through my hair. I looked back at the blank page on my laptop one last time before slamming it shut and rushing to my closet.