17.

i think this gif fits v well

qotc: what're your fav movies/shows??

~~~~~~~~~

I was just stuffing my face with the bread so I wouldn't have to talk. And if I choked again, maybe I could get out of this booth and it's awkwardness.

"What's been happening with you, Luke?" Ashton asked, resting his head on his hand. Al was practically sitting on him, meanwhile Luke and I were as far apart as we could get.

"Well, last night I played a show. And then the band spent the night at the drummer's hotel room because we all got pretty drunk and couldn't find our key cards." Luke said, "You know what? I think you might've been there!" He sarcastically added, rolling his eyes.

"I mean, what's happened since I've last seen you?" Ashton asked, letting out a frustrated sound.

"Well, you left the hotel like an hour ago. And you insisted that we couldn't drive together and that you had to be here earlier. So I was pretty confused," He slightly turned his head towards me and slouched back against the booth seat, "but now, it makes perfect sense." he mumbled.

I glanced at Al, not knowing if I should say anything. She was just taking quiet sips from the straw in her glass of soda and staring at the table. I kicked her underneath the table and she jumped, nearly spilling her drink all over herself. I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to ask her a question without actually talking. She just shrugged at me with a confused expression.

"You might wonder why you're here today." Ashton broke the silence for what felt like the hundredth time. It sounds like he's giving a speech. "And it's because.. Kristen misses you and wants to talk."

I felt like face palming myself. Yes, I did miss him, but I didn't know if Luke missed me. Ashton insisted that he did, but he seemed like the guy that would just tell somebody anything to make them happy.

"So far she really hasn't done much talking, so." Luke scoffed. I wonder why 'she' hasn't done much talking. He squinted before sitting up and placing his elbows on the table. "Wait, does this mean that you two," He pointed at me and Ashton, "like, talk?"

"More like text, but yeah." Ashton frowned at Luke's sudden angry expression.

"You've been texting Kristen?" Luke asked and Ashton nodded. "Wow, okay, that's great." He stood up, "Best Friend Award goes to Ashton Irwin for texting my gir-, ex-girlfriend behind my back."

"Luke, come on, your stubbornness was the only reason we texted each other," Ashton shrugged. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going.. to the bathroom." Luke said, throwing his hands up before walking.

By that point, I had no idea what to do. But once I turned my head, though, I saw Luke walking towards the back exit of the restaurant. I wiggled out of the booth and ignored Ashton's questions as I walked as fast as I could in my heels to the door where Luke was headed. I caught up to him enough that when the door was about to swing closed behind him, I caught it.

He turned around to face me and I slightly stumbled forward when I missed the small step. I steadied myself and looked around. I felt a cold wind hit me and I shivered. The door lead to a back alleyway, and it was way too similar to the one that I found myself in the night of the concert.

"This is familiar." I shakily let out. "I also don't think I see a bathroom out here." I fake-chuckled and he still didn't reply. Okay, maybe now isn't the time for jokes.