10. Yellow

We flew with Blue to the planet that Yellow was on. I was just as curious as Lance and Hunk were, but they didn't seem to know that.
"Are there people where we're going? Are they nice?" Hunk was asking. I groaned. "For the last time, Chunky! I. Don't. Know!" Hunk mumbled a short apology and looked down at his body self consciously. I crossed my arms and tapped my foot.
"Hey, Blue?" I said suddenly.
Both boys glanced back at me. The lion growled lowly to show that she was listening.
"Do you remember when Koharu was here?" I asked quietly. The lion shuddered. I smiled. "She was so quiet until Calla got hurt. She would always drop everything to check on her." A hologram appeared of a tall, thin girl with a soft jaw and silky black hair. She was wearing paladin armor and held a katana, her bayard. She said something and ran out. I smiled. "Koharu was a really good person. The perfect paladin. She gave her life for the person she loved more than life itself." I swallowed.
We could see the planet then. It got bigger as we got closer. Soon we were a few hundred feet above the surface.
"I thought Coran said this planet was peaceful!" Lace shouted suddenly as Galra ships came at us out of nowhere.
"The Galra don't understand the concept of peaceful!" I replied, jerking the controls. Lance almost ran us in a few rocks so I pushed him out of the seat. "It's only temporary, Blue!" I said. "Your paladin needs work, so I'm just gonna get us out of here alive!" Hunk suddenly started directing me to some cave. He got ready to go. "I'm gonna drop you down there and shoot those guys while you do the thing, m'kay?" Before Hunk could reply, Blue tossed him down to Earth and I let Lance take control again.
"Battle mode, Pretty Boy!" I said. Lance's cheek were tinted pink as he flew into battle.
Hunk was underground for too long but he shot out just in time to take out the rest of the soldiers. I cheered and we flew back to the castle. Takashi and the Gremlin, Pidge, were already waiting. They shared a look when Lance and Hunk started complaining. I smiled. "I don't know what you two are talking about. That was fun!" I cheered. I got a lot of stares. I rolled my eyes. "When you get to be my age, you get bored fast and you begin to enjoy each of the battle you have to fight." I said. I then began walking down the hall briskly. The paladin and Alteans scrambled after me. I stood in front of the yellow lion.
"Hey, girl." I said quietly. "I know you're protecting something of Elliott's. I need it. Please, let me find it." The lion didn't budge but I waited. Slowly, she leaned down and opened her mouth. I climbed inside. It was dark inside the yellow lion. I poked around a bit and quickly found what I was looking for. The lion had made sure that it would be caught on a pole so it couldn't be lost. I picked it up.
It was a gorgeous necklace with the prettiest gemstone attached to it. Levi has given it to Elliott as a birthday present right before he died. I left the lion and rejoined the paladins. They stared at the necklace. "Was the your friend's?" Takashi asked me. I nodded. "It was Elliott's." I told him.
Later, I put it in a box with Koharu's hair clip and Calla's ring. I locked box and shoved it under my bed in the room I was given.
Then I let myself cry at last.