Chapter 2

Another chapter is here to continue the story. More of the past is to be revealed in this chapter too.
____________________________________

By now, it had been about a week since she'd last seen Silver after their first encounter. Although he wasn't constantly on her mind, she did think about him every now and then and wondered if he was alright especially after having those people chase him. Not only that but Gold and Crystal had told her some things that about Silver that she wanted to verify. That's why when she caught a glimpse of his unmistakable red hair, she ran towards him.

"Hey! Silver, you're still in town I see!" (y/n) said as she follwed him down the alley he'd been turning into. "Why are you bothering me? Can't you take a hint and go away?" he asked, clearly annoyed and not even sparing (y/n) a glance. "Nice to see you again too. Anyway, I did say we'd battle next time we met didn't I? Don't tell me you're backing down from a simple pokémon battle," (y/n) said. Silver whipped around and faced her with a glare.

"I wouldn't dare back down from a challenge like that," he said. "That's the spirit! Go ahead, I'll let you have the first move. Come on out Tabunne!" (y/n) said as she released her pokémon partner. Silver pulled three pokéballs from his adventure bag, which every pokémon trainer had unless they were stupid or uneducated in the ways of being a pokémon trainer. Silver chose one of them and released his first pokémon.

"Totodile, let's show this trainer what we're made of," Silver said to his pokémon. Both Silver and (y/n) backed away from each other to give their pokémon some space to battle in the alley they were in. "Alright, Totodile use Water Gun," Silver oredered and his pokémon immediately obeyed. "Tabunne, dodge and use Psychic!" (y/n) said. Their battle lasted a good bit of time with Silver becoming a bit fustrated by not being able to win against Tabunne with just his Totodile but in the end, he won.

Tabunne got him down to his last pokémon, Sneasel, but she was already at her limit then. (Y/n) returned Tabunne and Silver returned his Sneasel after the win. "See, that wasn't so bad. Plus I now know more about you without having to ask you anything," (y/n) said. "What's that supposed to mean?" Silver asked, genuinely curious. "It means just what I said. I can see that you aren't exactly the person that Crystal and Gold told me you are," (y/n) said but Silver seemed to get angry when Gold and Crystal were mentioned.

"What gives you the right to judge me based on what other people say?" Silver snapped. "Hey, calm down. I wasn't judging you just yet. That's why I'm here. I wanted to figure you out first," (y/n) hurriedly answered. Silver still glared at her now to which (y/n) sighed. "How about this. We can go to the Pokémon Center together and talk along the way. If you think I'm not worth your time afterwards then I'll never talk to you again. You can go freely without ever having to worry about me bothering you," (y/n) said.

"And if I do?" Silver asked. "How would I know? That's completely up to you," (y/n) said with a laugh. (Y/n) couldn't really tell too much but it seemed as though the intensity of Silver's glare decreased. "Fine. It's a deal," Silver said as he turned around and began walking down the alley again. "Hey, where are you going? The Pokémon Center is this way," (y/n) said. Silver turned around looking at her with the same conflicted expression.

"I..." he muttered. "Oh wait, you can't go this way can you. Those people are still out there looking for you huh," (y/n) said in realization. She'd noticed that Silver traveled in alleys but it never really occured to her why he did so. Silver said nothing in response and continued on his way leaving (y/n) to follow. She caught up with him and the two of them walked in silence with Silver leading the way.

It was on purpose that (y/n) remained quiet. She wanted to see if Silver would say something, anything to her without her having to initiate the conversation. "Why are you so silent all of a sudden. It's throwing me off," Silver muttered without looking her way. "Are you assuming that I'm always talking? I'm perfectly capable of silence you know," (y/n) said as she celebrated her small victory in her head. Silver gave a short laugh.

"I guess I'm the one judging people now huh," he said. "Was that a laugh that I heard? The lone Silver of the Johto region laughs! I would have never known!" (y/n) joked. "Stop that! I didn't laugh," Silver snapped. "Oh really? That wasn't a laugh? Do you really expect me to believe that?" (y/n) inquired. Silver just averted his gaze and kept silent as they continued walking.

It wasn't very long before they got to the Pokémon Center. Silver looked around a bit before he left the alley thay we walking in. It sort of bothered (y/n) that he had to constantly look out for himself like that but she knew there wasn't anything she could do about it. "See, it wasn't that bad. Now that we're here, you can make whatever assumptions you want to. Remember, it's your choice on what to do now," (y/n) said right before they entered the Pokémon Center.

Silver let her go up to the nurse at the front desk first and she waited for him at ine of the nearby tables. It didn't really surprise her when he came ober and sat across from her, resting his head on the table but constantly watching the door. (Y/n) certainly noticed this. "You feel uncomfortable here don't you. A public place like this where people of all kinds are likely to come is bad news for you isn't it. And yet you came here knowing this simply because I asked you to. You really are a good person afterall. It seems my intuition was right," (y/n) said with a nod.

Silver didn't say anything though and his eyes kept going back to the door every time someone arrived or left. "How about we go somewhere you'd rather be," (y/n) suggested. "That's not possible. I don't have anywhere like that," Silver muttered as he stood. "Then where are you going?" (y/n) asked him as she stood to follow him. He didn't get to answer for his gaze had went to the opening door just as Gold walked in.

The boys locked gazes and Gold saw (y/n) standing behind Silver. "Why are you with (y/n). I thought I told you to stay away from her," Gold said to Silver who changed his entire demeanor from relaxed to highly annoyed. "No worries. I was just leaving anyway. Besides, I won't be in town for much longer," Silver said as he walked past Gold and out the door.

"Hey, Silver wait...Gold look what you did!" (y/n) said as she turned to her friend. "I'm sorry but he's a bad influence. I'd be a bad friend if I didn't do my best to keep him away from you," Gold said. "He isn't the type of person you think he is," (y/n) said as she quickly left to go after Silver but he had already disappeared and she had no idea which alley he'd taken. "I have to find him...I have to find him before he leaves this city," (y/n) thought.
____________________________________

It took me a minute but I got a second chapter done for you guys! Until next time you amazing readers!