twenty two

EXAM STRESS was finally off their shoulders. they could happily go back playing games, going to malls with any guilt and they couldn't be happier. jaemin on the other hand is tired of not seeing seolmin. she was like a mood maker for him.

he's tired of seolmin murmuring 'you're so stupid..' every night in dark, when the only thing visible in jaemin's room is the glowing whiteness of his laptop screen, her fluttering eyelids and sleepy smile displayed on it.

jaemin got to learn more about seolmin over the days. he learned about her love for puppies and kittens, how much she hates the 'battery acid' jaemin drinks, her love for garland of the most vibrant blooms. he noticed how much she loves tea and iced coffees. jaemin still can't believe a person could name so many different types of flowers. he has learned a few, chrysanthemum, frangipani and many more he couldn't even pronounce.

it was one of those nights again; hours and hours long conversations starting from puppies to school to their futures.

"i wanna meet you..i last saw you at school. it's been 3 days." jaemin pouted through seolmin's laptop screen.

"let's plan something for tomorrow? i'm free so it's gonna work out." seolmin leaned back, sitting comfortably against her bed post.

"but i wanna meet you right now.."

seolmin looks down at the corner of the screen, "it's 2:37, it's impossible." seolmin chuckled. she immediately found out the meaning behind jaemin's sheepish smile. "you aren't kidding. are you?" she asks.

"no, i'll be there in 15 minutes, wear warm clothes!" jaemin quickly waves her good bye before she could even open her mouth to complain.

there's no way she's going out at almost 3am on a saturday night. if her mom or dad finds out she's probably gonna be grounded for the rest of her life. seolmin paces back and forth of the wooden chair infront of the blank screen displaying the logo of skype. she's thinking about all the consequences that may take place if she actually goes out with a boy her mom doesn't even know.

seolmin hears a faint knock on her balcony door. immediately knowing who it is she quickly opens the door and jaemin gets in, breathing heavily. seolmin felt the adrenaline rush in her blood stream. this wasn't happening.

jaemin finally catches his breath and sits on the edge of her bed, "can i have some water? your balcony's so high damn. i feel like i climbed up a fucking mountain."

seolmin rushes to the bedside table, grabbing the half empty bottle and handing it to him. "i drank alot of it and i'm too scared to go downstairs to stick to it."

"wear some jacket, we are going to the beach. don't worry i'll drop you off during sun rise." jaemin says while fixing his hair infront of the huge mirror infront.

"if i get caught, i'll make sure you're grounded along with me too."

"the risk of almost getting caught is fun sometimes. you won't get caught don't worry!"

seolmin let jaemin exit first, she still could not believe she was doing something, she thought she would never do. a shiver rushed down her spine, thinking about what she was going to do and there is no turning back.

"be careful!" jaemin smiled looking up while seolmin tried her best not to fall into the bushes.

she felt goosebumps forming on her skin when a light breeze whooshed past them. the streets empty, a few street dogs here and there, the old lamp posts flickering down the street. she felt at bliss. a feeling she never knew she could feel.

__

a faint breeze brushed against her sleepy face. all that was warming her up was the blue jacket and jaemin's hands around her shoulder. the beach was dimly lit, from the moon which reflected on the waves, creating a beautiful scenary.

jaemin was equally as quiet as her, observing the scenario. he suddenly felt seolmin's head rest on his shoulder, "feeling sleepy?" he giggled finally breaking the silence. "no, maybe yes-- but its so peaceful in here, so different from how it is during the day." she spoke.

the sound of waves flowing closer and seeing them crash against the shore made seolmin feeling at ease. shuffling closer to him, seolmin thanked everything that she were able to spend this moment with him. perhaps tomorrow she wouldn't see him. maybe even the next.

"do you know why i haven't dated anyone in so long?" jaemin smiled down at her.

she hummed a yes and waited for a response. "my ex-" jaemin shuffled on the sand and sat comfortably bringing seolmin closer. "my ex, i think you know her, yujin, i liked her alot, wait love not like."

"i knew you guys dated around sophomore year, but i have no idea what happened though." seolmin said observing the sea.

"she broke up with me because i'm too clingy, apparently. man i had the biggest crush on her since middle school." jaemin sighs, rubbing the back of seolmin's hands.

"i'm sorry..you didn't deserve it." seolmin wraps her arms around his waist, comforting him.

"it's okay honestly. i'm over it." he chuckled. "you know i come to this beach to walk at night a lot, it feels good right?" he kisses the top of her head.

"yeah it's really peaceful, i might start coming too." she giggles. "come here instead of smoking!" he added.

the eastern sky fills with blends of pink and blue, welcoming a new day. dawn sent shimmering rays over the placid ocean, bestowing a golden path from the shore to the horizon.

"ah let's go home my mom wakes up around 6." jaemin stands up brushing the sand away from his trousers.

"my mom's gonna be awake soon too, let's go."

there goes a night jaemin will cherish forever.

im gonna scream
this mess finally
got 1k reads i
THANK YOU SO MUCH