forty one

BUSAN, SOUTH KOREA
6:10PM, TUESDAY

RENJUN
what am i supposed
to wear

JAEMIN
idk wear whatever
you want

RENJUN
what are u wearing

JAEMIN
im not even
going

RENJUN
???

RENJUN
you're not?

JAEMIN
no

JAEMIN
don't tell anyone
if anyone asks just
say ill be there

JAEMIN
and then eventually
everyone's gonna realise
and will stop asking

RENJUN
yeah..sure

JAEMIN
now shut up i
was taking a nap

JAEMIN
bye

JAEMIN
send me pics
later or else
ill break your nose

RENJUN
i know you're gonna
play those live games
again
SEEN AT 4:26PM

____

from the balcony up top, seolmin surveyed the floor below her, eyes scanning the crowd of her dad and mom's friends and familiar faces from school.

she honestly couldn't care less, the only person that showed up so far is hana and she's too busy with her new boyfriend to even care to talk to seolmin. she was dressed as bold as she was; slinky crimson dress with the lips and the heels both sharp enough to match; the blood red fabric hugging close to her chest, the high slit reaching up to the top of her thigh, flashing glimpses of her toned legs, the heels she wore giving them an elegant stance - absolutely nothing like her usual, admittedly reserved, style.

"look who finally care- girl your lipstick got smudged." seolmin was about to greet hana but her eyes suddenly traveled to the red substance around her lips. "oh, give me your lipstick then." hana stuck her tongue out and walked towards the direction of seolmin's room.

"where's hyuck?" she asked standing behind hana who's stood in front of seolmin's huge vanity, her reflection clear on the mirror. "he dropped me off and went to pick renjun up. his car broke down apparently."

seolmin rested her back against the pale pink wall of her room. "i got only a few hours of sleep, i have no idea why my mom decided to do this honestly. i could've ordered pepperoni pizza and watched some shit on netflix." she imagined all the comforting cozy scenarios in her head.

"hyuck's looking for us downstairs, he just texted." hana said showing seolmin her lightened up phone screen displaying the text app. "why would you save his name as boo heart emoji." seolmin cracked up only to get a dead in the eye look from her friend in return.

while seolmin naturally had a very cool, calm expression, and gave off a collected, self-assured presence, on the inside, she was absolutely shitting herself: her mind running through hundreds of thoughts, what if jaemin shows up, what if he looks too go- "oh damn you look good!" she pushed her thoughts away and looked at heejin who had just complimented her.

"by the way guys, mom made me bake a cake today. it's small in portion, but it surprisingly tastes good. you guys should try it after dinner!" seolmin darted her eyes and pointed at a small plate sitting on the table in the kitchen.

"are you sure it's not too sweet like the last time, remember jaem-" donghyuck playfully smacked jeno's arms before he could finish his sentence. "jaemin what?" seolmin asked curiously. "h-he surprisingly liked that cake.." jeno said nervously, not making any eye contact with her.

"speaking of jaemin, is he here?" hyejoo scanned through the crowd looking for the tall brunette boy. "no! i mean he's gonna be here-i think.." renjun blurted out scratching the back of his head. "um actually he got a high fever." renjun added with a sheepish smile on his face.

"oh yeah! he has a 102° degree fever. he sounded dead!" jeno backed renjun up after immediately realising he's lying. "what do yo- yeah he has a fever." jeno stepped on donghyuck's new black shoes before he could finish his sentence.

hana leans into donghyuck's side, looking confused. "is he actually ill?" she whispers. "renjun's lying, not sure why but play along." donghyuck whispers back and places a soft kiss on her forehead.

through the soft piano music playing in the background and wine glasses clicking, seolmin dragged renjun through the crowd into her room and locked the room behind her.

THE END

lmfao just kidding there's few
more shit left