thirty

BUSAN, SOUTH KOREA
9:26PM, FRIDAY

DONGHYUCK
mf jaemin won't
talk to jeno 😭

RENJUN
💀 💀

RENJUN
i told jeno and he
looked at me like
i stole his organs

DONGHYUCK
jaemin's also going
thru it

DONGHYUCK
that girl got to know
his deal and shit 💀

RENJUN
i

RENJUN
how wtf

DONGHYUCK
someone kept an
anonymous letter

RENJUN
ig thats not a big
issue he got what
he wanted anyways

DONGHYUCK
the problem is..

DONGHYUCK
he likes her..mf out here
crying over her

RENJUN
JEJDJDJD????

DONGHYUCK
I KNOW YOU
LIKE HER TOO DONT
GET MAD AT HIM

RENJUN
JHDJSHDHS???

RENJUN
WHO SAID THAT

DONGHYUCK
WHAT

RENJUN
I DONT LIKE HER WTF

RENJUN
shes cute tho ngl

DONGHYUCK
I

DONGHYUCK
🤡 🤡 🤡

RENJUN
clown ass bitch

RENJUN
WE WILL SETTLE SEOLMIN
ISSUE LATER BUT JENO AND
JAEMIN FIRST

DONGHYUCK
hmm

DONGHYUCK
how about you
invite jeno to the pier
and i invite jaemin
separately

RENJUN
thats kinda cool

RENJUN
ill only go for
the coconut ice cream
they sell there 💅🏻

RENJUN
tomorrow then 🤡

DONGHYUCK
YEAH 🤝

___

the pier was forlorn in the cold waves. under the grey sky the water was dark without the speckles of light that come with a sunny day and the wood that jutted out from the beach was closer to black than brown. jaemin shivered and immensely regretted making fashion his first priority over safety.

waves playfully splashing below, gentle salty breeze, cafe, chips, doughnuts and candy floss. lines of children snake away from each ride, eager eyes, impatient feet, ready smiles. a discordant medley of sounds, the train track thud-thud of stroller wheels over the wooden planks, the everyday radio melodies played out of crackly old speakers from each ride, squeals and screams. the repetitive tinny music of arcade games call out from the sheltered array of glowing, flashing machines. the smell of frying doughnuts permeates the sea air.

"why are we here again? i feel like i'm here to babysit." jaemin moves a little to give space for a kid to run. he looks at the smiley donghyuck eyeing the carousel. "shut up, you're really annoying." jaemin playfully steps on donghyuck's polished shoes, earning a scream from him.

"i'm gonna jump in the water, why's jeno here?" jaemin suddenly yells making donghyuck flinch and almost dropping the churro he just brought. "what the fuck is wrong with you, yeah i invited them." he takes a bite off of the sweet treat.

"hey.." jeno initiates the conversation, "i'm sorry." he adds and looks down at his feet. the medley of children screaming, the crowd, the crackly old music of the carousels were a background music now. "can you guys be cool with each other again? we are not twelve anymore." renjun retorts. a faint smile forms on jaemin's lips, "don't say shit like that ever again or else i'll break your bones!" he remarks followed by a series of laughter by jeno and the other two. "so we're cool now?" jeno asks. "i mean yeah.."

___

jaemin's shoes clacked over the various hues of the wooden boards, some newer planks with their bright unworn look, others dull and beaten by countless freeze-thaw cycles and the salty air. such an exposed place, nothing to hide behind. his pace slowed down, feeling lucky that the other three didn't notice his actions. "na jaemin! get that girl out of your head for a day!" donghyuck yells from the end of the pier. "do you mean seolmin or..? aren't they kinda like together?" jeno takes a sip of his hot chocolate. "well apparently she got to know about jaemin's plan, it was going well but he fucked up and fell for her." renjun informs him. "how did she even know?" jeno asks. "that's what i wanna know too!"

"man stop talking about it, it's not gonna work out anyways. i'm just gonna try getting over it." jaemin sighs, his figure resting against the railings. "b-but don't you like her?" jeno rests his hands on jaemin's shoulder. "way too much." jaemin cracks a smile looking at the waves crash against the shore, savouring the salty air. "we've got some girl problem here!" renjun's attempt to crack a joke horribly fails when he realises donghyuck and jeno both gave him that look.

"call her. right now." jeno looks at jaemin and reaches over to snatch his phone away from his hand. "what? no!" jaemin yells trying to get his phone back before jeno presses the call button. "say sorry to her! omg." renjun gaze shifts over to jeno. "dumbass did you just say omg out loud?"

jaemin's worst fear becomes the reality, jeno had pressed the green call button. "i'll bury you alive, lee jeno." jaemin mouths. "damn too lat- oh hey seolmin, how's life." jeno proceeds to put the call on speakers. "why are you calling from jaemin's phone?" jaemin's heart races faster, he hadn't heard that voice in two weeks. the voice of his muse.

"oh you have his number saved!" donghyuck sings. "shut up, what did you call me for?" seolmin asks from the other side. "jaemin likes-hey seolmin i'm sorry i was in the washroom and they took my phone! i'll make sure you never get a call ever again, bye!" jaemin interrupts donghyuck and snatches his phone away from them.

"shit man is that her in your lockscreen?" jeno points at the lit up screen. "go away."

jaemin's drama is making me feel
some kinda way :(( i love him so
much :(((