twelve

YET ANOTHER stressful, lethargic day goes by for seolmin and her friends. carrying the 30 pound bag on their back was also another stressful thing for them to every single day.

seolmin walked down the hallway, after the last boring geography class for the day. clutching the bag straps tight she looked towards the direction of the field whilst walking with her friends. there was jaemin and a few other boys from her class, running after the soccer ball.

"jeno's kinda cute, right?" hana looked at the same direction, "huh what? jeno? as in lee jeno?" seolmin asked and looked at hana. "do we have any other jeno?"

seolmin and hana trotted through skeletal trees, their branches so bare that they could have counted the leaves on each and every one as she passed by. the trees were skirted by pools of autumn gold and rust coloured leaves. leaves took to the air in an elegant dance, pirouetting around the tree trunks to their own orchestral rustling. when the wind calmed, the dance ended and the leaves landed to form new pools that looked identical to the ones they were in before they started to frolic.

the autumn breeze tousled seolmin's hair and pinked her cheeks. yet again she regretted not wearing her blazer. "seolmin that café has offer on waffles and fried chicken, i will pay i swear!" hana pouted. "we can also prepare for the geometry test if you want." she added. seolmin gave her the look of disappointment and hana pouted, "please..", seolmin sighed, "fine.."

the café was full, mostly because it was the only café near the school and a few local offices and not to mention, it was lunch hour. the two girls looked around at the busy tables. an old couple eating side by side, one glass of cola each, studiously bent over their meals. a group of familiar faces from their chemistry collapsing with helpless giggles as a stern woman dining alone nearby looked on and frowned.

"what do you want?" hana asked while struggling to find her wallet from her bag and seolmin scanned the menu above the cash counter. "i'll just have the alfredo pasta and the iced passion fruit tea!" hana made a face of disgust, "ew..that too sweet." seolmin scoffed. "i'll have waffle and fried chicken and ice lemonade! oh and please try to get thigh pieces for the chicken." hana informed the cashier with a smile.

the girls struggled to find a good seat, all of them were either booked by group of young women in their thirties or people from their school doing homeworks and assignments. "that one looks good." seolmin pointed at the two chaired table right beside the window. "it's beside the window.." hana complained. "then just go seat beside that middle aged woman talking about her divorce!" seolmin retorted and walked towards the seat leaving her behind. "i'm sorry!" hana laughed and followed the petite girl.

"anyways i need help in geometry..i'm literally failing that shit. mom said if i can't get into yonsei she's never letting me go to college." hana said and leaned back on the chair.

while doing the intense geometry work, protractor and compass scattered on the table and their half eaten food almost cold on the table. the glass door behind them opened and seolmin felt the cold autumn breeze at the back of her exposed neck. along with a few very familiar voices.

"why are they here?" hana said and looked behind seolmin. seolmin followed hana's direction and looked back to see jaemin and a few of his friends gathering around in a six chaired table. "how would i know?" seolmin whispered and looked down the triangles she drew.

seolmin suddenly saw hana waving and looked back towards the loud group of teenagers again. jeno noticed seolmin aswell and waved at her. "were you waving at jeno?" seolmin giggled and took a sip of her tea. "yeah he's cute."

seolmin couldn't care less about the boys behind them being loud. but her ears perked up when she heard jaemin talk about the votings. "i talked to mr.lee today about the daegu trip and he said it's fine but i need to pay for everyone."

hana bent over and leaned down, "what trip is he talking about?" "shh i'm trying to listen too!" seolmin whisper-yelled.

"are you gonna pay for the entire class? that's gonna cost almost 500 thousand won!" some guy seolmin can't recall the name said. "do you think anyone's going to vote if i make them go to a resort and pay 80 thousand won each?" jaemin said. "oh he's doing this to get votes..what a brat!"

after another thirty minutes of explaining geometry to hana and her being dumb founded, the glass door of the café opened again and jaemin's groups voices kept fading and fading. seolmin didn't look back and said while doing geometry, "thank god they left." hana took a bite of her now cold waffles and chuckled, "jaemin's still there writing something."

seolmin looked back again and finally met those celestial eyes. "hey." he mouthed and she smiled at him like he is the only person in the room. "wait why did he smile at you like that?" hana asked and dramatically covered her mouth. "why aren't you saying anything? oh my g-," seolmin interrupted hana, "we kissed. we kissed twice."

"twice!" hana screeched and stood up, gaining the attention of everyone in the small café. she muttered a small sorry and sat down, "when?" she asked looking excited. "well he kissed me first at the party that day and he came to apologise so i kinda kissed him? i don't i don't like him though."

the phone on the table suddenly rang, mom on the screen. hana quickly looked at the digital clock on the wall, 5:28 it read. "i'm fucked! i was supposed to go home early and take care of the new cat my brought home." hana said whilst packing up her stuff. "thanks i kinda understood those triangles and call me around 8 and tell me more about him." she giggled and walked out the glass door. her petite figure disappearing in the midst of the crowd.

seolmin sighed, took a sip of her tea and started packing her bags aswell. she looked back and jaemin was still on that calculator he was on 15 minutes ago. she walked out and felt the cold breeze on her exposed legs and goosebumps formed on her skin. the café door opened again and she saw jaemin hurriedly shoving the calculator and notebook inside his bag.

"give me your bag." jaemin said and motioned his hands towards seolmin's purple bag.

"what?" seolmin took few steps back and looked at the tall figure infront of her. his hair tousled due to breeze.

"your bag looks heavy, i can carry it."

"no! its fine." she said and started walking down the road.

"you can't even walk straight just give it to me if you don't want to break your back. i know you've been carrying 2 dictionaries inside that." he said and took seolmin's bag in his hand. "did you shove bricks inside?" he laughed.

seolmin and jaemin walked in the midst of cold autumn breeze, red and orange hue leaves, and the sunset reflecting on the glass buildings around them. the sun casted its golden rays down upon the clouds of billowing smoke, turning them bright red; fire red. they walked as the sun fell behind horizon painting the sky with dark blue and pink.

"thanks for walking me home." seolmin stood infront of the house she shared with her loving family.

"your house looks..nice." jaemin looked around the garden and looked back at her eyes again.

"i'm gonna go inside! thanks!" she said quickly grabbing the bag.

"well bye then! see you tomorrow." jaemin smiled and walked down the gravel road which met with the main road.

im sooo proud of jaemin!!! he's
debuting as an actor..words can't
explain how proud i am. and i might
fuck around and write an au
based on the drama after it airs :D