thirty one

JAEMIN dragged himself to school after being exhausted from all the sleepovers consisting of alcohol and cigarettes he had smoked with his friends over the weekends. he badly wanted to skip school and just roll around on his bed for the rest of day, especially with the minor headache that has been forming since he woke up exactly ten minutes before school. he did feel guilty, really guilty for going back to his smoking and drinking habits again right after trying to stay clean for seven months.

jaemin ran down the hallway as fast as he could to get to his classroom before the teacher takes attendance, he already knew he was late anyways. slowly opening the door he sneaked inside the class before mrs.lee could acknowledge his presence. "na jaemin, did you really think i wouldn't notice you?" mrs.lee laughed, her arms crossed around her chest. "i was actually waiting for you, sit at the front. i have something to say." she added. jaemin gulped, he started thinking if he did anything problematic while scanning the front rows for a seat. the only empty seat is placed beside seolmin and jaemin mentally slapped himself before slowly walking past jeno and donghyuck.

"did you want to say something?" he asked keeping his bag on the other side so he doesn't have to face seolmin. "i have a few things to say, number one, you shouldn't be late, number two you got a 98 in the chem test, which is saving you from the detention." mrs.lee informed making jaemin sigh in relief. "thank you!" he grinned. jaemin's thoughts were worse, maybe the school authorities got to know he's doing drugs, maybe they got to know about him drinking.

his anxiety was back again when he looked at his seat partner, he did forget who he was sitting with. she didn't look at him, too busy trying to keep up with class. maybe she was right about wanting to focus on studies and studies only. he shuffled through his bag trying to look for a pencil to copy the diagram of the diamond structure off the board. jaemin mentally wanted to kill himself for bringing enough pens which he can sell and earn over ten thousand won but no pencils. no way he's asking seolmin for a pencil; he gazed back at jeno and mouthed 'do you have an extra pencil?' only to get a nod indicating no and a pout in reply.

"take this." seolmin placed a yellow coloured pencil on his desk, not looking at him. "don't mind those on it, i wrote it for myself during exams." she replied. jaemin whispered a thanks and looked down the thin strip of paper taped on the pencil which says 'you can do it!! don't be anxious, don't give up."

___

"swear on my life, i saw them talking in chemistry class." heejin exclaimed dramatically taking a bite of her egg sandwich. "what did you guys talk about huh? i'll break his nose." hyejoo leaned forward, a playful smirk plastered on her face. "he didn't have a pencil and being the nice person i am, i decided to give my own pencil." seolmin replied. "wait- wait.." hana took a dramatic pause, "you gave your own pencil and drew with a pen?" seolmin nodded. "you dumb bitch, i told you to avoid him." hana groaned. "girl i'm literally doing that?" seolmin retorted.

"you're too good for him, forget about him, he's ugly anyways." hyejoo sat on the edge of the metal benches, patting her back. "damn the last part is a lie though." heejin added earning a few laughs from them. seolmin cheerfully jerked hyejoo's hands away, "you guys are acting like he was my boyfriend of five years or something. there's nothing to forget. we made out a few times, that's it, no strings attached."

seolmin noticed jaemin entering the cafeteria and immediately looked away, pretending like she's eating that same old boring tomato salad. "he's coming here what the fu-" hana's whispers gets interrupted when the tall figure stands by the table. "thanks for the pencil." jaemin carefully placed the pencil and walked away taking a sit beside renjun a few tables away.

seolmin's heart kinda broke seeing him gloomy, the smile which brightened her days were rare. her head hangs low as she proceeds to keep the pencil inside her bag. "i didn't think he would return it." hyejoo remarks. "anyways fuck jaemin, lets talk about prom!" hana exclaimed trying to distract everyone from the gloomy situation circulating around seolmin.

"i have a feeling donghyuck's going to ask me out for prom." hana calmly says earning a 'what!' in sync from the other girls. the entire cafeteria's eyes on them, trying to know what made all them scream in sync. seolmin mouthed a few sorrys in different directions and her eyes met those brown celestial eyes again, jaemin shook his head looking away and takes a bite of what seolmin assumes is his regular chicken sandwich. "seolmin are you even listening?" heejin snaps her fingers. "yeah go on.."

"so donghyuck has been in my dms for like a month now, he just talks about his daily life and shit. he's fun to be honest, he invited me for boba the other day but i had to cancel." hana rants. "we also started doing streaks on snapchat, he sends like five selfies a day!" she said excitedly. "congratulations get that man, we all are just gonna buy expensive dresses and go alone. right?" seolmin remarks, an obvious sarcasm in her tone.

"speaking of dresses, let's go to mall i have a budget of sixty to ninety thousand won, not gonna be spending much on dresses if i don't have a date." hyejoo suggests. "i just wanna do makeup fuck dates!" seolmin laughs as the girls pack up their bags and seolmin glances over at jaemin for the last time before exiting.

"i heard them talk about prom." renjun finally shifts his gaze back to the table after the group of girls walked past them. "man i'm just gonna ask someone random so i don't look like a loser!" jeno snorts. "might aswell steal my dad's suit while we are at it. low budget prom haul tips by lee jeno!" jaemin takes a sip of his water and starts shoving his book and lunchbox inside his bag. "i'll probably go alone." jaemin fake laughs. "man stop being salty! you're seriously no fun." donghyuck remarks, jaemin ignores him and adds, "renjun can you go to prom with seolmin? like just ask her out from prom or some shit. i don't really want her to go alone plus you're better than someone random anyways."

"what?" renjun looks at him. "i said what i said, i can instruct you if you're her date. she isn't gonna go with me so why not send him with instructions." jaemin smirks.

___

im genuinely curious if u guys like
how long this is. like its so long
compared all the other jaemin
fics out here, im just curious
if u guys like it so far :D