one

BUSAN international school, infamous for their badly organised yet dramatic halloween, prom and other entertainment. students enjoyed all these free amusement once in a while more than studies. but the most important event known as the school presidency which took place every year in november was something everyone looked forward too.

the chilly month of october, the perfect weather, the time when nominees are announced. october is one of their favourite months. nomination announcements with an aftermath of cat fight in the hallways along with messed up halloween party in their wooden floored auditorium with stereotypical decorations done by the sophomores. the trees outside were not entirely hues of red and orange yet. the newly softened mud were the acorns - from green to pale brown, none yet the rich hue of children's story books. the air was cooler with a tincture of earthiness - just a hint that brought to mind the cozy evenings and warm soups to come.

na jaemin walks down the hallways with obvious eye bags and dark circles, his bag almost hanging off of his left shoulder. he slowers his pace and renjun looks back at him, confused. "what happened?" jaemin took a 180° turn before replying to renjun and attempted to leave him confused. he heard the footsteps coming closer and closer and eventually halting infront of him.

"good mornin- why are your dark circles that bad?" seolmin asked, the smile fading into a look of concern. "i played fortnite with renjun till 4? maybe that's why? i don't know." he reasoned. "damn..anyways i actually came to say good luck, you know the presidency thing." jaemin cracked a tired smile, "oh yeah that, i'm gonna try my best! i'm really excited about it to be honest." seolmin shows that bright smile yet again and shows him a thumbs up before disappearing into the crowded hallways.

"man i don't think you'll win if she's nominated, i've heard so much shit about her." renjun looks at jaemin while he shoves his thick chemistry books inside the locker. "i mean i know she's all that and shit but i'm cool too you know." jaemin teases.

___

jeno sat on the edge of jaemin's bed, his eyes not moving from the plasma screen infront. jaemin whining were a like an annoying and obnoxious background music to him and donghyuck.

"i swear, she manipulates the votes, it's not possible that she has 112 and i have 97 only! seolmin literally does nothing!" jaemin runs his finger through his brown locks. "man shut up, if i lose against jeno one more time i'll literally eat your food for the entire year." donghyuck spats, his eyes fixed on the plasma screen.

"she's a teacher's pet, hosts good parties, is nice, gets good grades, apparently a really good kisser. what else do you need?" jeno snorted. "did i mention hot?" he added.

jaemin sat with his legs crossed on the floor, bundles of messy gaming consoles, wires scattered on the floor in front of him, "dude did you kiss her or something lmao?" jaemin laughed.

"i said apparently for a reason dumb bitch and did you just say lmao out loud? maybe this is why you have zero votes. renjun would've been nominated if he actually studied properly unlike you." jeno scoffed.

"wait a damn minute, what does being a good kisser have to do with getting votes?" donghyuck finally replies and looks away from the screen for the first time ever since he came into jaemin's room.

"are you dumb or what? she's getting free votes from the dudes." jaemin sighed. "maybe you should stop playing with my fifa." he added. jeno and donghyuck's bantering along with jaemin having a mental breakdown while sitting on the floor was interrupted by donghyuck's phone.

"mom i am so sorry! it's the last time i swear, it's never happening again! i promise!" jeno said.

"oh shit it's 11pm, i didn't even realise, his mom is gonna beat him up today! atleast i can sneak in through the window, my mom and dad went to some wedding party anyways." donghyuck whispered and started packing his bag.

"yeah you guys should leave, my mom is probably mad." jaemin said slowly.

"jaemin, don't stress yourself, this isn't gonna do anything except giving you extra points for college." jeno said and patted jaemin's shoulder.

"yeah man, now leave, your mom is going to beat your ass!" jaemin laughed.

jaemin's mom may or may not have scolded him or having friends over since 4pm. he left his mom's room with an half assed apology. sighing he picked up all the glasses and plates with half eaten pizza on them which donghyuck left. he made sure to clean them up, so that his mom doesn't throw tantrum early in the morning right after he wakes up.

after what seemed like hours to jaemin, he finally sat on his bed, wearing his ryan pajamas which he's too shy to wear infront of other people and too shy to admit that he's 19 and still wears it. he scrolled down his instagram, just updates on the election, halloween preparations and the graduation preparations which he wasn't sure why. graduation is still months away.

jaemin suddenly thought about seolmin after seeing a selfie of her with her classmate he recalls to be, hyunjin. she's good looking, has a good humour and he gets why boys are crazy over her. jaemin had once considered asking her out back in 9th grade when he was only 15. he didn't particularly like her, he just wanted to get to know her better.