forty two

recommending to listen to looking back (piano ver) by benaddict! the ost from jaemin's drama.

"WHY DID you bring me here?" renjun sat on the edge of seolmin's bed. "get hyuck's car keys for me." she said and looked at him dead in the eye. renjun frowned and raised his eyebrows. "ask him instead? it's his car not mine."

seolmin looked back at him, her back resting against the her study table. "he's too busy with hana, i don't wanna ruin it. and you're going with me." renjun finally stands up and walks in front of her. "excuse me- wait where are we going?"

"we're going to jaemin's place dumbass, you're staying in the car. you're gonna call him, he's never gonna answer my calls." she smiles at him as she takes off the long heavy earrings she had been wearing for almost four hours. "so you're only taking me because you need someone to call him? what happened to your phone?" he raised his eyebrows. "i-i blocked him."

the poor boy sighs in frustration, running his hands through his hair. renjun doesn't understand why all of his friends use him as a wingman, when he has relationship issues on his own. "you guys are abnormal, if you like him just date him. you don't need to be so dramatic." seolmin clicks her tongue, "just get the fucking car."

"what am i gonna tell hyuck? oh seolmin wants to go see her sick lover boy!" he mocked her in a girly voice. "i'm being nice and i'm only going because i'll probably never see him again." she says carefully opening the back door of the house. "and he's sick." she adds. "understandable i guess, still you guys are weird."

___

seolmin genuinely liked car rides, unlike some people. there was always something nice about relaxing in a car, with either her or anyone driving. but not just this one where she felt like she was going to have a near death experience every two minutes.

"renjun i swear to god i feel like today's my last day on earth." she frowned and rested her head against the cool window. "i'm trying okay? you're the one who told me to drive." renjun yelled.

"do you even have a driving license?" she asked, eyes focused on the road. "no." renjun whispered, too quiet for seolmin to hear properly. "what?" she exclaimed. "you don't have one?" she started panicking only to see renjun nodding his head. "ugh i'm gonna die today!" she shrieked and rested against the seat.

"do you know the last time jaemin was this obsessed with a girl was when he was fifteen? the girl wasn't even real."

"what do you mean not real?"

"well he had a fucking thing for detective conan's ran." renjun giggled remembering his best friend's weeb phase.

seolmin was hating this. first renjun says he doesn't have a driving licence and drives recklessly, almost crossing two red signals. she mentally thanks god that the traffic police aren't chasing them yet. secondly, the silence.

"play some music."

"i don't know how to, this isn't my car. just shut up, we are gonna be there in like few seconds." renjun sounded annoyed.

the car slowed down and stopped in front of jaemin's not so big yet comfy and cozy house. all the memories of their chemistry project comes flashing by, where none of the work was completed. she's grateful that they atleast got an 86 in the project.