eighteen

SEOLMIN AND JAEMIN walked inside the ramen restaurant and they immediately heard the loud noises coming from the table on their left. the strong smell of freshly cooked broth and noodles hit her nostrils and she was even hungrier than before. "pull your jacket..the marks near your chest is showing.." jaemin mumbles scratching the back of his head as he walked to the table.

"hey man! what are you so late for? we thought you wouldn't come!" donghyuck looks back, the glass in his hand and the straw still between his teeth.

"well, coach made me stay and asked me-donghyuck suddenly interrupts jaemin, "wait a fucking minute, seolmin came with you." seolmin stutters, "w-well..he- renjun cuts her off, "you guys fucked! we get it. nothing to flex about here."

the table goes silent, only the sound of the glass spoon hitting the bottom of the soup can be heard. seolmin felt the july summer heat on her cheeks and jaemin looks down feeling everyone's strong gaze on him.

seolmin finally speaks up, "we didn't do anything..stop assuming." jaemin nods in agreement. "yeah nothing happened- jaemin is yet again cut off by heejin. "seolmin, what are those around your neck?" she asks curiously and proceeds to move the collar of her jacket, seolmin quickly backs off, "those are mosquito bites! i forgot to close my window last night."

"there's no point of hiding that you guys probably fucked or something. no one's gonna judge, i don't know why you both are acting like we're your parents or something." donghyuck explains.

"okay fine..we made out in the locker room." jaemin sighs looking at seolmin and mumbling a sorry.

"should've said earlier instead of making a scene." renjun says monotonously taking a bite from his california roll.

heejin notices everyone's tensed faces. being the social butterfly and cheerful person she is, she tries her best to bring back the mood again. she doesn't quite understand why jaemin's friends are acting like he's 12.

"umm..did you guys make out for the first time..or?" hyejoo leans in looking at everyone.

jeno laughs, "they sucked each other's faces in donghyuck's kitchen the first time. right jaemin?" jeno smirks.

"my house? in the kitchen? where i fry my eggs every morning?" donghyuck screeches and immediately chokes on his ramen. "eat slowly, damn." hyejoo remarks.

jaemin really wanted to shove jeno against the wall and smack him in the face. he looked over at renjun. he looked normal? according to him. he genuinely felt bad that it was revealed like that, especially infront of renjun.

"guys, i'm done. my dad wanted me home quickly!" renjun grabs his jacket from the back of his seat and storms out through the door like a raging lightning bolt. jeno looks around for a few seconds with a confused look on his face and follows renjun.

"damn what's wrong with them? jeno didn't even finish his katsu. anyone wants?" donghyuck asks showing everyone the piece of chicken he's holding with the chopsticks. "me! i'm hungry." heejin smiles brightly at donghyuck.

jaemin nervously bites the bottom of his lips. did he really end a friendship of eleven years? he thought. the way jeno and renjun acted made jaemin feel like a trash. he wanted to dig a hole and stay in there for god knows how long.

"you look like you killed someone. everything good?" donghyuck pats jaemin's back.

"yeah..i'm not that hungry so.." jaemin smiles.

"yeah not hungry!" donghyuck whispers in jaemin's ears and smirks at seolmin. "don't do that ew!" seolmin retorts.

after everyone bids a goodbye and an awkward moment with seolmin where she wouldn't even look at him in the eye, jaemin's finally laying on his bed, contemplating whether to text renjun or not.

he grabs his phone from the bed side table, unlocks it and quickly puts it back in its place again.

what is he gonna say? hi wyd? are you mad at me? you're acting like a 12 year old?