seven

DONGHYUCK'S HOUSE was packed with all kinds of people going crazy, drinking, some even seen smoking in the corner. when the girls had entered the house, the smell of alcohol was quick enough to reach their nostrils and make seolmin gag slightly; she was never a heavy drinker like her friends. seolmin put her right hand reflexively on her throat and closed her eyes as she took in the scent that would surround her for the rest of the night. when she opened them again, her friends were already chattering over the loud music.

the girls were greeted by a slightly drunk, rosy cheeked donghyuck "good evening girls! if you wanna drink go to the kitchen, everything's in there! and do anything you want as long you don't throw up on this carpet." he pointed at the black faux fur carpet on the floor.

everyone were going crazy. the music was so loud that it made seolmin's skin tingle and her lungs felt like mush. the bass thumped in time with her heart beat as though they were one, filling me from head to toe with music. atleast she liked the song.

over the roar of music, a distant, hazy chatter could be heard. seolmin couldn't make out any words, but a familiar laughter rang in her ears and wouldn't seem to stop. she looked around and her eyes met with jaemin's. he was sitting in the living room, surrounded by his friends.

"this song is too loud oh my god- hey i'm gonna go grab that beer!" heejin simply said and grabbed hyejoo's hands.

seolmin suddenly felt someone's presence behind her, not daring to looking behind, she waited for the person to make a move. "seolmin!" she felt a hand on her shoulder.

she looked behind and saw jaemin, clad in a grey turtleneck shirt and skinny jeans. his hair in looked better than it did in school, she thought.

"hey- how are you?" she simply asked with a smile on her face.

"i'm great actually, you look good by the way." jaemin's remarks made seolmin's cheeks burn, she knew her cheeks were probably the colour of a tomato by now.

"t-thanks i guess."

"sure do you wanna go drink or something? i'm gonna try some shots today, haven't tried in months you know." he said while walking with her towards the crowded kitchen.

geez, donghyuck invited the entire school, she thought after seeing all the familiar faces she had walked pass by.

"do you want beer?" jaemin said pointed at the stack of beer cans and different bottles on the kitchen counter.

"yeah beer is fine. i don't really drink much." she said whilst jaemin poured the the beer on the red plastic glass for her.

"damn really?! i heard you got fucking wasted in hyunjoon's party this summer." jaemin exclaimed and handed her the red glass.

"that's so embarrassing, people still remember it. that was the day i tried vodka for the first time and then i couldn't stop drinking! i had the worst fucking headache the next morning." seolmin said and took a sip of her beer.

seolmin looked around while jaemin talked about the first time he got wasted, she quickly noticed hana making out with someone, it was jeno.

"oh shit! look at hana!" seolmin almost screeched and interrupted jaemin's intense talk about weed.

"i gotta get that on snapchat- wait!" jaemin quickly said and pulled his phone out from the back pocket of his jeans.

________

inside donghyuck's house it was like dancing on the northern lights; beneath the dry-ice smoke swirled an array of blues, acid greens, hot pinks and gold. the loud pop music played over the dance floor as if had fused with the bodies.

seolmin can't remember when she had lost her friends, when she had finished an entire bottle of whiskey and how she ended up dancing with none other than jaemin.

she felt the hands on her waist and their bodies moving in the same pace, she didn't even realise when she had placed her head on jaemin's shoulders. this is the closest they have ever been. seolmin was too drunk to even process what was going on at that point.

seolmin moves her head closer to jaemin. he stands frozen, from both fear and excitement. she leans in, so her foreheads rests against his, both their breaths are shaking. "you're are really good dancer," she says over the loud music.

the next thing she knew, he had slammed his lips to hers and nearly knocked all wind from her lungs. seolmin hardly had a moment to react before he pressed his tongue to the seam of her lips and, at her grant of access, delved inside my mouth. it was a very sloppy kiss with the strong scent of whiskey being exchanged in the intermingling of their billowing breaths. in an instant seolmin had pulled away and arched up into his broad chest, moaning in the contact of body heat against her own, before she drew back into his lips. seolmin could nearly feel the slight burn of the whiskey as it rolled off her tongue and seeped down her throat with every push of his tongue against hers.

seolmin quickly pulled away, breathing heavily. she looked back at jaemin, his lips almost bruised and a obvious smirk plastered on his face.

"do you wanna go upstairs? donghyuck's room is fr-" jaemin was interrupted with another kiss on his lips.

a drunk seolmin replied, "we shouldn't be doing this." atleast she was in her right state of mind, while being drunk.

"yeah cool, let's dance then. you shouldn't drink anymore by the way." jaemin said while seolmin went to grab another glass of vodka.

"last one! please!" seolmin made those puppy eyes and kissed jaemin's cheeks.

"last one then, but you do realise you can't go home like this?" jaemin said and put one of seolmin's messy hair strand behind her ear.

"who said i'm going ho- seolmin was interrupted when donghyuck screamed on the mic, "yo na jaemin and kang seolmin come to terrace, we are playing spin the bottle!"