come clean

ANASTASIA:

Catching up with Michael was one of THE most pleasant event that ever happened to me. I never knew having closure with him was one of the things that could lessen the unbearable weight that's been dragging down my chest. I talked to him about everything that night, two weeks ago -- the scandal with Calum, how Ashton and I started to mess around, and all the tea that has been going on in my life. Hell, he even convinced me to see a therapist in which I thought was a good idea. And guess what? It's my third week of session this week.

But of course, I would't spill all the tea if I didn't receive some as well.

I learned about all this Gina and Damian fiasco and how crazy and complicated everything is.

What once was just a silly high school drama life that I live in now turns into a whole tv drama suspense series, and  I am not up for it. But, I guess there's no way out for me.

"I know about Gina and Damian." I spoke confidently.

Ashton was taken aback, "Um, okay. How?"

"Michael." I shrugged. Ashton was lying down on the couch in the living room. "Look, Ash, I want to help."

"I can't get you into this mess, Anastasia. I wouldn't forgive myself if anything bad happens to you." He said, sternly disagreeing. I sighed. Right now, my mind is set and my intentions are clear.

"I want to, Ash. And besides, I'm already in it. Luke and whoever he's playing for are already onto us and he's using me for more information and maybe worse, he's using me as a trophy or a bait. We have to be one step ahead."  I said, it seemed odd to have those words come out of my mouth. It felt like I was in a movie, although I am not.

Realizing this made shivers crawl up my spine.

Ashton sighed, sitting down as I sat beside him. The bruises on his neck were now fading and the wounds on his knuckles are now healing. He held my hand lightly, "I'm sorry, Anastasia, I --"

"No, Ash," I cut him off, "It's me who should be sorry, I've been nothing but a liar. These past few weeks, I've been using you and manipulating you. I'm nothing but a monster. I really want to help you, but before that, I must come clean."

"Baby girl, don't say that." He said.

"M-michael," I trailed off. "a- and Calum, um w-we were uh.."

Ashton smiled lightly. "I know." He said, lightly rubbing his thumb on the back of my hand.

I was confused. I looked at him in shock. "You knew? all along?"

He chuckled, his dimples making an appearance. "I'm not that stupid, baby girl. But I must say, the three of you looked like idiots that night when y'all acted like you met for the first time. Bunch of cuties, you are."

"Uh- but, how?" I asked surprisingly. Later realizing that it was a dumb question.

"You're looking at a corrupt businessman's son, you really think I don't know my way around this world?" He cockily says. I rolled my eyes at him, lightly pushing him away. "But, no, really it's easy, Annie. You don't need a genius to figure that out. The three of you are at the same age, goes to the same school, and probably have been classmates."

"Right." I said.

"Plus, when I arrived at that sloppy party, I heard all about the scandal and shit." He confessed. My cheeks blushed in embarrassment as I remember everything that occurred that night.

"Oh, shit. That's.. downgrading." I chuckled, awkwardly. But a splash of confidence hit me. "I'm not a whore, you know."

"I'm not calling you that, baby. I-"