mistake

ANASTASIA:

It was a long two hour drive from the Irwin's beach mansion back to our house. Ashton and I didn't speak much after leaving the beach and I'm pretty sure it's my fault.

Love is a big word, right? Was I just using this word so carelessly that it gave him too much pressure? I wasn't expecting him to say it back right there and then, though. I just wanted to let him know how I feel.

Or maybe he just doesn't love me back at all.

Currently, Michael, Ashton and I are in our living room. Mom and Roger were still in their business trip and honestly, I couldn't care less. We all agreed to stay together just in case.

"I'm just going to lay down and rest my head." Michael tiredly says. "Can I crash on your bed, Anastasia?"

"Go ahead, bud." I nodded in approval as he proceeded upstairs.

Ashton was sitting on a separate sofa on my left, intently scrolling through his phone. Having no energy in attempting to talk to him, I got the remote control and turned on the television.

"Breaking news! Millionaires Hastings and Irwin just announced their divorce!" Ashton placed his phone down and looked at the television, "Insider claims that the two recently split but there is no bad blood between them..." The reporter continued to ramble on.

"Is this why you didn't say you love me back?" I spoke softly. "Because we're step-siblings?"

Ashton ignores. He was pretending to focus on the news but I'm pretty sure he couldn't care less. My blood started boiling so I turned the television off. "Answer me, you jerk!"

Finally, he lets out a deep sigh and looked at me. "First of all, we're ex step-siblings now." He chuckled. "But no, Anastasia, its not just that."

"Then tell me why."

"Its impossible. You and I? This?" He says pointing between him and I, "Its never going to happen."

"We can make it work." I said, but sudden realization hit me. No, we can't make it work.

Ashton shook his head. "You know we can't, Anastasia. There's just too many things to consider here. This relationship, its risky and I wouldn't want to jeopardize your future."

I stayed silent. He was right, whatever I wanted to happen between us never will.

"It was all fun and games and I was dumb. I was dumb enough not to consider the results of my actions. I never considered your feelings and I'm so sorry that it has come this far." Ashton apologizes. "But please do know that I lov-"

"Don't ." I stopped him. "Don't say it if you have no intention of staying in my life. It would just make things worse than it already is."

Ashton apologetically smiles. "I'm sorry. It was never meant to be this way."

I wanted to be mad and scream at his face. I wanted to tell him how selfish he was and throw curses at him. But this wasn't entirely his fault.

It takes two to tango and unfortunately, I placed myself in this situation.

"It's okay." I said calmly. "Its my fault, too. I never should've called you "daddy" in the first place." I chuckled, trying to light up the mood. "I guess mom and Roger aren't the only one's who's splitting up today."

Ashton stood up and opened his arms, inviting me to a hug. I sighed and gladly wrapped my arms around him as he did the same.

The hug didn't feel sexual. There wasn't any tension present. It felt warm and cozy, just like the hug you feel after reconciling with your bestfriend whom you had a fight with.

"You have a bright future ahead of you. I'm so glad to have seen you grow into a better version of yourself even thought I've been in your life for such a small amount of time." He whispered softly.

My eyes were tearing up and I tried my best not to ball out. "You're a great person, too, Ash." I mumbled. "Thank you for everything."

"Save yourself for someone who's worthy, okay?" He said, pulling me out of the hug with his hands on my shoulders. "Always remember that you deserve twice the amount of love and respect that you give." I nodded and he lightly kissed my forehead.

Clearly, I was being delusional. I should've known that there was never going to be a official romantic relationship between Ashton and I. Giving into his temptation was nothing but a mistake.

But some mistakes get made, that's alright and that's okay. Mistakes help us grow and realize things.

But I never would've imagined that my mistake would be a 5ft 10, hazel brown eyed, blonde boy.

We both got out of the hug, silently and sat down on the sofa. I cuddled into his chest for the last time as he softly plays with my hair. No words, no kisses. Everything was all peace and quiet.

Until Michael came running down the stairs.

"Anastasia, your phone has been blowing up like crazy." He said, handing me the phone. I quickly stood up and got my phone from Michael.

"10 texts from Calum and 2 video messages from Luke." I said, unlocking my phone. "Calum needs help." My fingers were shaking. He sent so many texts asking for help, the typos on the texts convey that he was typing quick and struggling.

Ashton quickly stood up and said, "Open the video messages."

The three of us held our breaths as we watched the first video message, it was Calum who was tied up on a chair in a dark room with cuts and blood dripping down his face.

"G-guys, don't listen to them. I-I can escape on my own. A-Ashton please don't come H-here its Dami-" he stuttered before a guy punches his face and the video stopped.

"What the fuck does Damian want?!" Michael furiously shouted.

Ashton was too furious as well, "I know exactly what he wants." He said. "Let's watch the other one."

This video was unexpected and it made my heart drop down to the ground. It was Luke.

"A-Anastasia, I'm sorry." He breathed out. He was struggling, hands tied behind a chair. His shirt was ripped and he looked way worse than Calum. "I-I had no choice. I did everything to keep you sa-safe." These were his last words before the video ended.

Tears started rolling down my cheeks. "Fuck, this is all my fault."

Michael pulled me into a hug while Ashton pats my back. They held me for a good minute until I recollected myself. "We must do something." I sternly said.

"I don't want you to be involved." Ashton seriously said. "You, too ,Michael."

"Fuck that!" Michael said. "I'm not letting you go alone. Not this time."

"He's right, Ash. Whether you like it or not, we're pretty much as involved in this as you are." I sided.

Ashton looked at us and let down his defense. "Okay, then here's the plan."

----------------------------------------------------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTE!

YAY hi! I've seen your kind words and comments and TBH it made me motivated to work on my upcoming new book!!

This book is nearing its end so I hope y'all would support my next one!!!

Thank you so much :)