xv. ludic

LUDIC: (adj) full of fun and high spirits

Although being possessive and protective can be cute, but don't go overboard with.

- Anonymous

"Hey, Kenna?"

Makenna looks up from where she's tying her boots to see Bella standing in the doorway of her room. She shifts from foot to foot, her eyes darting around the room. Makenna mentally notes the jeans and faded green shirt the other girl is wearing before responding as she sits up properly.

"Good morning Bella. What's up?"

"You're going down to La Push, right?"

"I am," she confirms."

"Can you ask Jacob to call me when you see him?"

Makenna cocks her head, eyebrows furrowed but ultimately nods. "Sure."

Bella smiles at her then. "Thanks, cuz." With a wave, Bella leaves the room leaving Makenna confused and staring at the space she had been occupying before she bends back down to finish tying her shoes. As she stands up again, her phone chimes with a new message.

outside

Makenna peeks out of her window and there's Paul's truck parked on the curb with Paul sitting behind the wheel waving at her. Makenna feels a grin grow and returns the wave before letting the curtains fall as she turns, shrugging on her jacket and grabbing her bag before heading downstairs.

The living room and kitchen are both empty as Makenna passes by, stopping by the kitchen to grab a few cookies, shoving one into her mouth. She makes sure to lock the door behind her as she leaves the house.

"Morning Little Wolf," Pauls says as Makenna climbs into the truck. She mumbles a reply, voice muffled by the food in her mouth. Once she's settled, however, with seatbelt crossed over her chest, she holds out a cookie.

"Thanks."

Paul takes the cookie and like Makenna, shoves it in his mouth before pulling away from the curb. There's silence in the cab as both of the teenagers finish the cookies. After that, the two fall into a comfortable silence. It remains like that as they leave Forks behind. It's as they're nearing the first buildings of the reservation that Makenna speaks up.

"Paul?"

"Little Wolf?"

"Do you think," she pauses to take a breath, fingers fiddling with the hem of her dress. "Could we stop by the Clearwaters' before going to Emily's?"

Paul looks at her from the corner of his eye. "Why?"

"I want to invite Seth and Leah over. And maybe talk with Leah a little bit."