Entry One: First Day After Death

So I have had this idea for an angel/demon love story for a while, so I am going to try it out.

I decided to write most of it from Gerard's POV as if he was writing to a diary (idk why, it just popped into my head like that).

So let me know what you think. I am super excited about this story, but idk how frequently I am going to be able to update it, since I am still trying to finish my Bakura fanfic, and I haven't updated WBOCC in a few days, so I need to go work on that. So sorry if it takes forever for new chapters. Anyway enjoy my lovelies :)

<3 star

Entry One: First Day After Death

I don't know why I am writing in this diary...I mean, that kind of shit is for girls isn't it, and I may be gay, but I am definitely not a girl. Wow okay...just ignore me; I am trying to mask my terror with humor, but it really isn't working.

Let me try my introduction again, not like anyone is reading this...

I guess I just want an actual written document of what is happening to me, since so many people have no idea what becomes of people after you die - you heard me right, I am dead.

My name is Gerard Way, and I committed suicide at the ripe age of twenty one. I just couldn't take it anymore, my life was so pathetic and worthless, so I made the rash decision to end it, but the jokes on me, because it didn't end...

I am still here - still breathing, even though I don't actually need to breathe to survive anymore, but some habits are hard to break. The only thing that has changed is that I am no longer human...apparently committing suicide doesn't just end your life - it gets you turned into a demon.

Now I know what you are thinking, but you're wrong. I am not all red and scaly, and I don't have horns, even though I do have black skeletal wings I can release when I need to fly. My nails can also extend into wicked claws, but I can control when they appear, and I have kept them sheathed so I feel like less of a freak. I pretty much look just like I used to when I was alive: bright red hair, pale skin, hazel eyes, blah blah blah.

Honestly I am terrified right now, so don't let my casual tone fool you, my hand is shaking as I write this.

I don't even know how to feel about this, I actually think I am still in shock. So I will just focus on the facts and events instead of my emotions until all of this starts to sink in.

I met Lucifer when I "fell", which is what they call it here when a soul goes to Hell. He didn't look that intimidating actually, if I saw him on the street, I would think he was a professor or something; he had on square rimmed glasses and everything, but he had this...aura around him that almost had me shitting my pants. He welcomed me to his fold as he called it, and told me about my new job.

Apparently since I had committed suicide, my assignment was to convince others on Earth to do the same so he would have more souls for his army. I am excited about returning to Earth, Hell is actually kind of boring when you get right down to it. It isn't all lava pits and slavering three headed dogs like I imaged, it is more like an ancient abandoned city with buildings as far as my eyes can see, with dirty cobblestone streets connecting everything.

I was told I could go anywhere in the city I pleased except for Lucifer's palace, and I was not allowed to cross into the lands on the other side of the gate for my own safety. Apparently most demons just stay in their designated rooms when they weren't out on assignment, but, as the demon who had led me to my quarters explained to me, there are rules I have to adhere to when I go to Earth:

1. Under no circumstances was I ever to reveal the existence of demons to humankind

2. I couldn't actually kill anyone myself, interfering with humans by any means other than words is a no go

3. I could kill any angels that attempted to get in my way or save the person I was manipulating

4. I could only go to Earth when I had an assignment or was given permission by Lucifer

5. I was not to interact with any angels unless they directly got in the way of my assignment, an unmitigated attack could start a war between Heaven and Hell apparently

And that was pretty much it; if I didn't bring in a certain amount of souls each year, I would be deemed useless, and Lucifer could kill me (for real this time) or if he was really ticked at me, he could freeze my body in the Wastelands and keep my soul alive as he tortured me endlessly. Apparently being a demon means that if I lose a limb or an eye, it will grow back, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't hurt like a bitch.

Tomorrow is my first assignment...I can't believe I am going to have to do this. I don't want to make anyone feel the way I had...no one deserves to believe that the world would be better off without them, but if I fail, I will be tortured...and I am not going to lie, and try to be a hero and say I can take anything they can throw at me, because I know I can't, I know I will break down and agree to whatever Lucifer wants me to do.

If I had realized this was the fate awaiting me after death, I would never have taken all of those pills...