Prologue

George POV

"Grandpa, can you tell us a story?" Asked Jack as him and his sister sit down on the floor in front of me. They look up at me as I sit in my old rocking chair.

"Yeah, Grandpa tell us a story!" Said little lucy.

"Alright. What kind of story do you want to hear? Do you want to hear the one about my adventures?" I asked.

Jack's bright blue eyes meet mine and he says "Yes!! Tell the one about how you and your friends got lost and ended up in the wrong state without a map!"

"No. Not that one again!" whined Lucy visibly getting upset.

I reach my arms out to her and say "Now come here Luc, don't get upset."

She stands up and her little legs walk over to me and I pick her up in one swoop and place her on my lap.

"Now, now. Don't have a fit. What story do you want to hear?" I ask her as I move her blonde hair out of her pale white face and tuck it behind her ear.

"I want to hear a love story. One like Princess Auwora" Lucy says as her innocent blue eyes stare into mine.

"Ok, Lucy," I say

"Oh no, not a princess story!" whines Jack.

"I know a love story that's better than Aurora and I promise it doesn't have any princess's in it." I say.

"Better than Cindawella? She's the bestest!" Lucy exclaims.

"Yes, way better than Cinderella." I say.

"And you promise that there aren't any stupid princesses in it?" Jack asks.

"Yes." I say.

"Are you sure?" Jack asks unsure if I am being honest.

"Now, Jack have I ever broken a promise to you guys before?" I ask.

"No, i guess not." He replies defeated.

"Ok, so long ago back in the 1950's Alabama, Georgia. There was this girl Alma and she is by far the most beautiful women I have ever laid eyes on..." I begin.

________________________________
Please like and leave a comment 😊