Chapter 27

[ Honesty ]

_________________________________

Lisa sat on the Park's couch, clothed in Rosé's pajamas with a blanket draped around her shoulders. Her eyes were red and swollen, her nose rubbed raw from the amount of Kleenex she used on it.

She couldn't stop moving her hands, tapping the side of a tea-filled cup relentlessly while her now dull eyes stared aimlessly at a spot on the wall in front of her, unmoving.

"Lisa..." Rosé said softly, her hand lightly rubbing her distraught friends back, "Your tea is cold."

The blonde looked down at the no-longer steaming cup of liquid and set it down on the coffee table wordlessly.

Then she spaced out again, buried in her thoughts. Was Jennie alright? What did her parents say when she left? What if they made her believe that loving Lisa really was a sin? What if Jennie realized she couldn't handle being with her?

All these thoughts and more flew through her mind.

The red headed girl looked on at her, worried. She had never seen her like this beforeㅡ a mixture if extreme sadness, anger, confusion, despair... and desperation. She looked so vulnerable.

After the crying had died down she managed to get her into some clothes and onto the couch. That had been half an hour ago and Lisa still hadn't said anything.

"Lisa, I'm here ifㅡ"

"What if they hit her?" She said quietly and without her usually confidence. She sounded so small.

"Oh no, I don't think the Kim's would resort to that," Rosé tried to assure her. She honestly didn't believe that they would, but at the same time nothing was off the table.

"B-but what if...? Then I wouldn't be there to protect her," Lisa rambled before standing up abruptly, "I have to go protect her!"

"Lisa please..." Rosé pleaded, "There's nothing we can do right now. It's late, you've just taken a serious emotional toll. You need rest," she reasoned, "Hopefully we'll see her at school tomorrow or at least hear from her. And if we don't I will go over there with you to see her, okay?"

Lisa looked at her, pain written all over her face before she leaned into the red headed girl and sighed, "Okay."

"Now, come on, I'll text your mom and you can sleep with me tonight. Sound good?"

The doe eyed girl nodded. She trudged up the stairs like a zombie, and when they finally made it to Rosé's bedroom she couldn't help but curl up into a ball like a baby and sob as her friend held her, breaking down again.

"Sh sh shh... it's alright. It's going to be alright..." Rosé chanted, her heart broke for her best friends.

"I'm j-just so worried about her. I l-love her so much."

"I know Lis, I know."

_________________________________

"Lisa..." a voice whispered in the sleeping blonde girl's ear.

"Lisa..." it said again.

"Jennie..." she groaned, still asleep.

"Lisa wake up," Rosé shook her this time, hard. Lisa's swollen eyes fluttered open slowly.

"Chaeng?" She asked, slightly confused.

Then everything came rushing back.

She sat up slowly and Rosé sat next to her.

"My head hurts..." she whined.

"It's from thinking so much... and crying."

"...and I feel like shit." Seriously, heartache was worse than a hangover.