Happy Birthday Finale

Zhaen

I got to the party and saw everyone from highschool and some people I didn't know. But they looked like some of my friends, some older versions so I assumed it to be family. We danced and danced and danced for a few hours before I heard a glass ting.

"Yes! Attention everyone! I want to wish a very special birthday for a very special someone tonight!" I looked up and saw it was Sal. He was holding hands with Larry and I smiled. They are really meant to be together.

"I am telling you, this is a bad idea."

Shut up, no one asked you. Just erase their memories after this. I want to spend one day with them. Let this happen, please. I have done everything I needed to do today.

"Whatever, don't say I didn't warn you. I will wipe their memories at the strike of 12 and you will get back home. Understood?"

Yes dad. I smiled to myself and looked up.

"Zhaen McCallister! I have only known her for a few years! But I am glad we have found each other yet again! We apologize for forgetting about you and hope you forgive us."

I felt like I was going to cry. Everyone turned to look at me and clapped their hands. They all cheered and I really want to cry. Not only was this one of the nicest things they had ever done for me. But it would be something that only I would remember at the end of the night.

"We have a special gift for you!" Larry yelled and I looked up at him. He pointed my attention to the doors behind me and I cried a little.

"Ash..." I said as she walked over to me. She hugged me and I hugged her back. Even though I had been watching her, I thought she was too busy to come tonight. This would be the best night I will ever have.

"Tick Tock."

Right. I held her hands and looked at her. I still haven't forgiven her for the stunt in the hospital and she knew that. So right now, we were just friends and we were both ok with that. Especially with all the distant that's between us right now.

We danced the elegant night away until the after party. I changed into my regular black clothes. I figured that if they were going to forget me? I rather they forget me from being drunk. So I did my best to make everyone drink. Which everyone did except Larry. I took him by the hand and led him outside. We got to a patio and danced a bit with each other. I cried at the thought of him forgetting me.

"Zhaen? What's wrong?" He said as he danced. I shook my head and tried smiling.

"If I tell you this, you can't freak out ok?" I said and he nodded. Promising he wouldn't.

"At the end of the night, none of you will remember me. You know how you all thought you forgot me?" I said and he nodded, "That was because you did. I made a deal with red eyes. He isn't here right now but that's because he said he would let me have the rest of this night to myself." I said and Larry looked saddened by this.

"How much time have we lost with you?" He asked and I shook my head and shrugged.

"Last time we talked? We were about to finish our senior year. And we did, but you didn't know that I graduated with you because none of you knew me at the time. I made sure to stay away from you buy graduate at the same time. I almost had to change my name because you are just too smart for me Lar." I said as I cried into his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me and I held onto him.

"I'm not ready to leave you guys again...I want to stay here...I want to be with you guys..." I cried and he rubbed circles into my back.

"I will try my best to remember you Zhaen. I will remember you, understand? I will be sure you always have a family to come back to. You will always be my sister. Forever and always."

"Do you promise?" I asked and looked at him. He cupped my face and wiped my tears. Smiling at me and nodding.

"Of course. I promise. I will bring you back to us Zhaen. I will bring you back and we will protect you."

"I love you Larry." I said as I watched the clock I set up on my phone. I had set it on the rail.

11:57

"I love you too Zhaen. Never forget that ok?" He said. I nodded and kissed his forehead.

"I will never forget that Larry. I wish I could ask the same of you." I said.

11:58

"Y-You can!" He said and I looked at him like he was crazy. He dragged me and we ran to the back. He punched a window and broke it.

"L-Larry! Are you ok!?" I said and he nodded. His fist was bleeding and he picked a glass shard off the ground.

11:59

"I promise I will remember you. No matter how long it takes. You will not remain forgotten!" Larry said as he carved the letter Z into his arm.

"Larry stop! Oh my god!" I yelled at him and cried.

12:00

"I won't....forget....Zhaen...." He said as he passed out. Not from blood loss. But from Red Eyes. He made everyone forget about me again and I dragged Larry inside. I wrapped his arm and kissed the top of his head.

"I believe you Larry, please, help them remember."

After that, I left. Back to doing to evil bidding of my puppet master.

The End.