Chapter - 15

I sat on the bed and Malhaar dressed my wounds. We didn't say even a single word since we came to my room but I was sure that she had tones and tone of lecture ready for me. She didn't maintain an eye contact with me even for a second but her eyes were filled with concern while her face was burning with anger. After dressing my wounds, she kept the first aid box aside and threw the used cotton in the dustbin. She sat on a stood besides the bed and stared straight into my eyes making me scared. "What happened?", I whispered. "What happened, huh", she angrily said and nodded her head. "You said that you were not feeling well so you wanna stay in you room, but I saw you going out of the hotel at midnight. I thought that it must be someone else, you must be resting in your room, but no, I was wrong", she said. "Where the hell were you Darshan? Why did you lie to me? You were out the whole night, it's noon now when you came back, and that too in such a bad condition, blood is flowing all over your face. What the hell were you doing the whole night?", she scolded. I thought about how to tell her that I went to 'the church', I feared about her reaction. "Will you say something?", she snapped jerking me out of my thoughts. "Umm, look, I promise I'll tell you everything, but first promise me that you'll not shout at me, and you'll not overreact and listen to me peacefully", I said and expectedly looked at her. "I'm not asking you to do any shitty deal Darshan. Come on point and tell me everything", she angrily said with widened eyes. "Okay, but please at least don't scare me", I sarcastically said. "Actually, IWentToTheChruch", I said in one breath. "You went where?", she raised her eyebrow. "Church", I said and lowered my face. "So?", she asked. "Wait. Which church?", she asked and her tone told that she understood what I was saying. "Darshan, look into my eyes", she ordered and I followed. "Which church did you go?", she asked again. "The one on the outskirts of the city", I guilty said. Her eyes widened and jaw dropped. "Malhaar, calm down, let me explain", I said and held her hand. She jerked her hand out of my grip and said, "Darshan it's not a joke". "I know, just listen to me", I calmly said. "But Darshan, why did you go there? You know everything then why?", her voice softened and her eyes had tears. "Malhaar, let me explain", I pleaded. "No Darshan", she snapped and got up from from the stool to walk away. I stood up from the bed to walk behind her but my legs badly ached and a cry unknowingly came out of my face. "Darshan!", she turned around and cried and I noticed a tear dropping from her eyes. She came back towards me and made me sit on the bed. When she started leaving again, I held her hand and this time I was tight enough to prevent her from escaping. "Malhaar just listen to me. Once. Please", I pleaded but my voice was high and she looked on. "I know I made a mistake, I shouldn't have gone there, but I couldn't stop myself from going there. Something inside me craved to go there", I said. "I came to know about that place when we were out for street shopping, since then I wanted to go there, but to be honest, I was bit scared so I decided that I'll take you with me, but then later that night, you told me about your brother. I knew that neither you'll go, nor you'll allow me to go, so I thought to go there alone without telling anyone. I wanted to see if there's really anything or... ", I explained and she cut me off, "After whatever I told you, do you still think that it's just a myth?" "I'm sorry", I said. "And what about these?", she asked pointing out towards my wounds and I told her everything. Although she scolded me, fought with me, but the main thing was that at last, she understood me and everything between us was back to normal.
(flashback ends)

(Well here's your holi gift. Happy Holi :)
Thank you guys for supporting and do shower your love as you beautiful people always do 💙)