Chapter - 25

I was super worried and tensed the whole day. All I thought the whole day was how to tell her the truth. "What happened Darsh?", she asked bringing me back from my thoughts and I looked at her blankly. "What do you want to say? Go for it. Say", she said with a warm smile on her face and softly held my hand. I was very nervous and confused about how to tell her everything but her smile has always been my strength. "Malhaar, I... I'm sorry", I said. "But what happened?", she asked. She sounded very calm and I feared that after knowing the truth, she will loose all her calmness. "A...actually the trip we planned..", I tried to say and her expressions started changing. "What about that trip Darshan?", she asked in a furious tone. Fuck. I'm gone. I'm dead now. A few seconds ago, I was 'Darsh' but now I'm 'Darshan' and this officially marks the beginning of my end. "Darshan", she snapped and vigorously shook my hand. "Wh.. What?", I said in a shock and dramatically placed my hand over my heart and sighed. "What's wrong with you? Where are you getting lost again and again? And what about our Manali trip? What were you saying?", she shot question after question. I breathed in heavily and somehow gathered all the strength and courage it took and finally said in one breath, "We'll have to cancel it". She looked at me blankly. "Cancel what?", she asked. "O..our trip", I slowly forced words out of my voice box. "Cancel as in?", she asked. "Cancel as in....Cancel", I said and her face started boiling with anger and then I saw a drastic change in her facial expressions. "Darshan you promised that this time, we'll go for a vacation and now how can you cancel it?", she asked and her voice raised with each word. "Malhaar, listen", I tried to calm her down. "No", she snapped. "Darshan we had decided that we'd spend time together and now you can't cancel everything. I had so many plans", she complained. "I know. Even I wanted to go on a vacation with you, but trust me, I can't do anything. I'm helpless", I said and made my grip around her hand tighter and she jerked her hand out of my grip.