Chapter - 4

"So, what about you? Since when do you know Puneet?", I asked. "We are colleagues. It has been almost an year since we know each other but I didn't even think that he's such a bad and selfish person", she said and her voice had anger. "Hey, forget about it. I told you that it's because I needed a break. He's not bad. He helped me get a Goa trip for free", I said. I didn't want to ruin her relationship with Puneet, he's a nice guy. We sat there together and talked for a long time. We talked ourselves, our families, our past. We laughed, we shared memories and we got to know each other a lot and she became the only member on this trip, who I could call my real friend. She was an amazing person. Anyone could easily become her friend, even an introvert like me. The next day we visited some parks, churches and malls. It was a fun day. We did shopping and I clicked some beautiful pictures of the church buildings, Malhaar and everyone else. The day before, I roamed around alone, but today, Malhaar was with me almost everytime. I felt nice when I was with her. I felt different but still I was me. I don't know about her, but I enjoyed her company, in fact I loved it. After the sun got lost in the sky and moon showed up, I again went to the beach with a beer bottle and sat there. I wondered if she would come or not. I leaned back and lied on the cold sand and stared at the sky. There were only a few stars in the sky. It was a peaceful night and a cold breeze flew making the weather extremely pleasant. "Do your roommates throw you out of the room every night?", a familiar voice asked. I looked at my side, Malhaar stood there with a teasing smile on her face. "Are you following me?", I asked back. "I will follow you? Oh please", she said and sat besides me. "No beer today?", she asked. I picked uo the empty beer bottle lying besides me and showed it to her. "Seems like I'm last today", she said. "Don't worry, I was fast", I said. "Ok tell me about you girlfriend. Yesterday we talked so much shit, but didn't talk about this. Do you have a girlfriend?", she asked. "No", I replied. "Any crush?", she interrogated. "No, you are free to flirt with me", I said. She turned to look at me. She raised her eyebrow and I winked at her with a smile. "I flirt with you or you flirt with me?", she asked. "Do you have a boyfriend?", I asked. "No", she replied. "Ex?", I asked again. "Umm, yes", she said and pushed a hair strand behind her ear. "How many?", I asked. "Why do you have so much interest in my exs?", she asked. "I just wanna know how many boys in this world are idiots", I said. "What do you mean?", she said and her eyes widened. "I mean how many boys are idiots who left someone like you", I stated. "See, I flirt or you?", she said. "Two. One in high school, one in college. Now you tell. How many ex do you have? And don't lie, I know that the way you flirt, you would have had many girlfriends", she said. "Nope, sorry miss but your wrong. No ex, no girlfriend, no crush", I said. She looked at me in complete disbelief. "Seriously?", I asked and I nodded as a confirmation. "Well, why does it seem like you wanna be one", I said with a wink and wide smile and sat up straight resting my head on her shoulder. "Oh please. By the way, you told me that you're an introvert. Liar. Which introvert flirts with girls so freely?", she asked. "I think you didn't hear me properly. I said that I'm an introvert but once I open up, I can make extreme extroverts feel shy", I said and she sighed and softly shook her head. That night we talked till almost 5a.m. and had to go back to the room and sleep just because we had to wake up early next morning and go for shopping with others.