Chapter 6: Heartache

Andros woke up to the sound of the alarm by his bed going off. He sighed as he turned it off and sat up. He pushed his hair out of his face and got out of bed. He went into the bathroom and showered. He pressed his forehead against the shower wall as he thought about Ashley, wondering why she hasn't answered and of his messages. "I hope she's okay," he pondered. He the climbed out of the shower, dried himself off, and then he got into his clothes. He looked at himself in the mirror and saw the dark circles under his eyes, showing that he hadn't slept. Andros pulled his hair back in a ponytail before heading out to work.

Andros walked down the hall to his office and looked at his secretary. "Any messages, Deliah?" He asked.

"I'm afraid not, general," she replied.

She knew that he was waiting for a message from Ashley. He asked her the same question everyday during the past six months. "I will be sure to tell you if she does," she added.

"Thank you Deliah," he answered.

He walked into his office and sat down at his desk. Andros reached into the drawer of his desk and pulled out a box that he had hidden in there for safe keeping. He opened it to stare at the engagement ring that he wanted to give to Ashley.

It was a 14 karat gold ring with angel wings surrounding a blue sapphire. On the inside he had it engraved "My one and only Angel".

He let out a sigh as he put the ring back into the box and put the box back into the drawer. He looked at the paperwork in front of him. Andros sighed when his intercom went off. "What is it, Deliah?" He asked.

"Miss Larissa is here for you," Deliah replied.

Andros suppressed the urge to groan. "Send her in," he sighed. Larissa came in with a huge smile on her face.

"Good morning," she greeted cheerfully.

Andros sighed as she suddenly sat in front of him on his desk. "I thought you and I could do something today," she commented. He sat back in his chair before she could grab the collar of his jacket.

"I have work to do," he answered.

"Aw come on. Don't be such a loner."

Andros pushed his chair back away from her and stood up. "Larissa, I have work to do," he repeated. He went to grab the paperwork beside her when she leaned on it. "Get off the paperwork," he told her.

"What paperwork?" She asked innocently.

"The paperwork you're leaning on."

"Oh you mean this?"

She jumped off his desk with the paperwork in her hands. "Give those back, Larissa," Andros instructed.

"Nope," she answered.

"I'm not kidding, give it back."

Larissa held the paperwork behind her back as he stepped forward. "What would you give me for it?" She asked. Andros rubbed the back of his neck.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"A date with you."

Andros closed his eyes and let out a sigh. "Would it get you to leave me alone?" He asked. Larissa giggled.

"Maybe," she answered.

"One date, that's it?"

"That's it."

"Fine."

Larissa smiled and handed him his paperwork. But before he could walk away, she grabbed him and kissed him. Andros cringed and pulled back. "Thank you," she told him with a giggle. Then she left. Andros felt like gagging and he tried to wipe the offending kiss off his lips. He sat back down at his desk and he tried to get back to work when he started to think about Ashley again.

(Flashback)

Andros and Ashley were walking around Angel Grove Park hand in hand. "Well, things have gotten pretty interesting," he commented. Ashley laughed and she shrugged.

"Come on, Andros, my parents loved you," she answered.

"Your dad looked like he wanted to kill me."

She placed her head on his shoulder and held his hand. "You look beautiful tonight, Ash," he commented. Ashley looked up at him and held his hands while walking backwards.

"Yeah? And I'm not any other day?" She asked.

"You know what I mean."

Ashley laughed and looked at him with a quizzical look when he suddenly stopped. "Andros?" She asked. He stared at her and gave her hands a gentle squeeze.

"Well, here goes nothing," he commented.

Andros wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her. Ashley froze for a minute before wrapping her arms around his neck, kissing him back. They pulled back and Ashley looked at him.

"What brought that on?" She asked.

"I don't know, I've been wanting to do that for a very long time," he replied.

"Then why stop there?" She asked.

Andros gave her a quizzical look before she placed her hand on the back of his head and kissed him.

(End Flashback)

Andros opened his eyes and let out a sigh. He bit his tongue as he remembered that perfect night. Speaking it didn't stop there, they got back to the Megaship and that's when they first made love. It went on all night. The best part about it was that they were alone on the ship. DECA was turned off in his room and the doors were locked just incase. It was perfect, she was perfect. Andros rubbed his forehead and he let out a heavy sigh as he tilted his head back. "Ashley," he whispered.

Later on that night, Andros went into his apartment and played the messages on his com-link. "Andros, its your mother. I haven't heard from you in a few days, sweetie. I worry about you, you know that. Contact me soon, sweetie. Love you," the first message played. Andros took off his jacket and threw it over the couch while listening to the second message.

"Andros, it's Zhane. Listen, Kinwon said we need to leave in a few days for a peace conference with the Lynthia Colony. We leave in a few days," the second message played.

"Oh goody," he muttered.

Andros pulled the band that held his hair back and shook his head slightly before sitting down. "Andros, you know who this is. I was thinking about Saturday night. Can't wait, pick me up at eight o'clock," the third message played.

"How about I just crawl in a hole and die?" He answered.

Andros closed his eyes as he ended up falling asleep on the couch again.