Chapter 16: My Love

A few weeks later, Andros and Ashley both felt like they were dreaming. Everything was perfect, nothing was going to ruin what was progressing now. Andros was a great father to Hayden, he loved his son to death and Hayden loved him just as much.

One morning, Ashley was waking breakfast when Andros wrapped his arms around her waist. "Morning beautiful," he greeted. He kissed her shoulder. Ashley giggled and tried to push him away when he reached for some toast she had sitting on a plate.

"No, no," she giggled.

"Come on I'm hungry."

"You can wait a few more minutes."

Ashley gasped when he took the toast off the plate anyways. "HEY!" She shouted. Ashley went to reach for it when Andros took a bite.

"Want it back now?" He asked.

Ashley laughed and shook her head. "Fine," she sighed. Andros grinned and looked up when Hayden came downstairs. "Hey, kiddo," Ashley greeted. Andros picked Hayden up with a grin.

"Ready for pre-school?" He asked.

"Yep," Hayden replied.

Andros set Hayden back on the floor. "I'll be dropping him off," he informed. Ashley kissed his cheek.

"Thanks, hun," she answered.

Ashley watched as Hayden ran into the living room to play before Andros took him to the pre-school. She sat on the counter and let out a sigh. "You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she replied.

Andros walked over and grabbed his leather jacket off the back of the chair. "I'm going to take Hayden to school," he informed. He kissed her cheek and left.

Ashley walked into the living room and she sat on the couch pulled her yellow diary out from it's hiding place. She opened it and started writing.

September 3, 2002

Dear Diary,

Okay, it's just me again for now while Andros drops Hayden off at school.

I can't help but feel like something bad is about to happen, I feel it in the bottom of my stomach that something bad is about to happen. I'm afraid to lose him again. Especially if this Larissa is as bad as Zhane and Andros say she is.

Things are really different though now. Ever since Andros has come back into my life, I've been so happy. Happier I've ever been ever. I feel like I'm seventeen again, back when we were dating. He's everything I have ever wanted and needed. How can somebody from a totally different world be so perfect?

From the moment I met him face to face back on the planet four years ago, I knew that this was the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with. The man who would be the father of my children. Whoever thought I'd be right? That he'd be the father of Hayden? Be the man I'm about to marry?

But I'm still afraid to lose him. I can't lose him again, not after he just came back into my life again. Maybe I should tell Andros how I feel? Okay, I just need to calm down and try to tell him. I'll see what I can do.

Sincerely,

Ashley

Ashley jumped when the door closed. "I'm back," he informed. Ashley stood up with a smile.

"Andros, I have to talk to you about something," she answered.

"What is it?" He asked.

Andros then saw the yellow diary in her hands. "What's that?" He asked. Ashley glanced at the diary.

"Oh, it's my diary," she replied.

"Diary?"

"Yeah, you keep your secrets in here."

"Oh really?"

Ashley gasped when he grabbed the diary from her. "Hey! Give that back," she objected.

"I just want to see what you wrote about me in here," he answered.

Ashley went to grab it when he started switching it back and forth in his hands above her head. "Give that back!" She laughed. Andros wrapped his arms around her back and she wrapped her arm around his neck with a laugh. Andros laughed and kissed her forehead.

"Here," he told her.

Ashley took the diary back. "Okay, what's going on?" He asked. Ashley fastened the lock on her diary.

"Nothing," she replied.

Andros kissed her cheek with a smile. Ashley sat down and rubbed her forehead. "You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she replied.

Andros sat next to her and he ran circles on the top of her hand. "Ashley, what's wrong?" He asked. Ashley let out a sigh.

"I'm scared," she replied.

"About what?"

"I'm afraid to lose you."

Andros gave her a quizzical look. "What if, Larissa tries to find a way to take you away? I can't lose you after you just came back into my life. I can't, I won't..." she trailed off. Andros wiped the tears from her face.

"Ashley, nothing's going to happen to me," he assured her.

"How do you know?" She asked.

Andros kissed her softly before he answered her. "Have faith, my love. Nothing will happen as long as I'm here with you and our son," he answered. Ashley sighed and placed her head on his shoulder and hugged him. Andros hugged her back. "Nothing will happen," he whispered. Ashley closed her eyes.

"I hope not," she answered.

Andros kissed her shoulder. "I love you," he murmured. Ashley smiled.

"I love you too," she answered.