Chapter 20: Great News

Andros sat on the bridge putting in coordinates for Earth when TJ came on the bridge. "Nice work out there," TJ commented. Andros glanced over his shoulder with a grin.

"Yeah, I've still got it," he answered.

TJ laughed and sat next to him. "So how's Ashley?" TJ asked. Andros sat back.

"Holding up better than I ever thought she would," he replied.

TJ gave him a quizzical look. "Remember that girl, Larissa, that I was telling you about?" He asked.

"The stalker? Yeah," TJ replied.

"Well, she contacted me a few days ago. She tells me she's pregnant."

TJ gave him a quizzical look. "Before Ashley showed up, Larissa drugged my drink and she basically took advantage of me. So now she wants me to marry her," Andros explained.

"You're already married," TJ pointed out.

"On Earth I'm married to Ashley. On KO-35, she's just the mother of my son."

"So what are you going to do?"

Andros played with his wedding ring. "I'm going to marry Ashley again," he replied. TJ nodded and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Just hang in there, Andros," TJ told him.

"Right," Andros agreed.

(KO-35)

Ashley sighed as she paced back and forth in her and Andros's room. The doctor called and said that her test was negative the day after Andros left. But the symptoms were getting stronger. So she went out and got a regular pregnancy test. She was thankful that KO-35 still had the regular pregnancy tests. Now she was just waiting. She jumped when the alarm she had set went off. "Here goes nothing," she told herself.

Ashley walked into the bathroom and she picked the test up. A smile came across her face. "Two pink lines," she murmured. She suddenly felt the urge to jump up and down like a teenager, but she kept herself calm for another...thirty seconds. She hurried over to the com-link and picked it up. She smiled when Kimberly's face came on the screen.

"Well?" Kimberly asked.

"I'm pregnant!" Ashley replied.

The two cousins shrieked with excitement. "This is great!" Kimberly told her.

"I know!" Ashley answered.

They laughed and Ashley sat down. Ashley rubbed the back of her neck. "Here's what doesn't make sense. KO-35 has advance technology how could they look over my pregnancy?" She asked.

"Even advanced technology has faults," Kimberly replied.

"No...that doesn't seem to be it," Ashley answered.

Ashley thought about it for a minute. "That little bitch," she hissed quietly.

"What?" Kimberly asked.

Ashley stood up. "She switched our tests," Ashley replied.

"Who?" Kimberly asked.

"Larissa!"

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive."

"Call her doctor and find out what's going on."

"Right."

"Call me back."

Ashley nodded and they cut off the transmission. Ashley called the clinic and the receptionist picked up. "How can I help you?" She asked.

"Yes, I would like to speak with Larissa, daughter of Leron's, doctor," Ashley replied.

"May I ask why?" The receptionist asked.

"I would like to talk to him about a diagnosis," Ashley replied.

"One moment please."

Later that night, Ashley was asleep when Andros came home. Andros pulled off his jacket and rubbed his forehead. He found his wife asleep on the couch and walked over to her. He kissed her forehead and watched as she woke up. "Andros?" She asked.

"Hey," he answered.

Ashley sat up and she hugged him. Andros hugged her back and he kissed her shoulder. "Welcome home," she murmured. He smiled and closed his eyes.

"Good to be home," he answered.

(Next Morning)

Ashley gave up on sleeping after she got sick again. She was sitting out on the balcony when Andros came out. "Hey, you okay?" He asked. Ashley sighed and she stood up.

"Andros, I've got to tell you something," She replied.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

Ashley bit her lip and she smiled at him. "Andros...I'm eight weeks pregnant," she replied. Andros's eyes widened in shock.

"Pregnant?" He asked.

Ashley nodded with a smile. She gasped when he picked her up and spun her around once. He set her down and they both had smiles on their faces. "There's something else," she replied.

"What's that?" He asked.

"Larissa's not pregnant. She lied."

Andros gave her a quizzical look. "How could you possibly know that?" He asked. Ashley leaned against the railing.

"I contacted her doctor and asked him. He said that he just gave her a pregnancy test and it was negative," she replied.

Andros felt his blood boil. "I'm going to kill her," he snapped. Ashley jumped up and she grabbed his arm.

"Andros don't," she insisted.

He gave her a quizzical look. "I've got a better idea," she replied.