TD|| To new beginnings

Litter from the sidewalks swayed about in the air, cars scattered the street, it was another day in the city slums

Litter from the sidewalks swayed about in the air, cars scattered the street, it was another day in the city slums. With his hands tucked in his pockets walking along the sidewalk was Shamar.

This side of town was no longer the place for him, it never was. With Bree out of his life, and his friends all gone there was nothing in the slums for him. But still he roamed the streets sometimes.

He missed the life he had years ago. The days and nights he spent in the slums, were the best days of his life. Scooping Bree up in the middle of the night, the adrenaline he got from robbing the local gas station, the nights he spent just talking to his friends. He missed it.

The only thing left was for him to move on.

Sighing he pulled the car door open sliding inside. He cranked up the vehicle and took one last glance at the place. One last glance at the old memories. This would be the last time, he visited the place. Matter of fact this would be his last time in this city.

After years of drowning in the past hoping that things would go back to normal, he finally made up his mind. Pack up and leave everyone and everything behind.

Seeing his sister all grown up getting married, made him realize. She's not sixteen anymore and he's not twenty-three anymore. Time had passed him by and its time to catch up.

Cold air oozed out of the air conditioner and into the conference room. The long oval-shaped glass table with multiple tablets neatly resting on top of it. Was surrounded by men except for the one empty seat, they were waiting for someone.

Soon all of their heads raised glancing over the young woman who made her presence known. She frowned pulling off the trench coat she wore "Sorry I'm late." Bree joined the men at the round table grasping the tablet in her hands she looked up "So what's the agenda for this week?"

The room fell silent before all of the eyes darted towards her. One of the men, Samuel cleared his throat "The agenda is you Ms. Lee."

She furrowed her eyebrows looking over at her boss "Me?"

She felt nervous. No she couldn't possibly be getting fired she did everything right. Her life was just getting started without this job how was she supposed to keep up with her lifestyle?

"Yes you Ms. Lee."

"I'm sorry I'm confused are you.. firing me?"

Loud chuckles went out through the room, her face flushed red from embarrassment. If they weren't firing then what were they doing? Demoting her? "No Bree we're not firing you but.." Samuel trailed off.

"You're demoting me." She muttered. "We're promoting you!" He cheered.

A smile crept up on her face, she soaked in the words she just heard we're promoting you.

"Yes, yes I know you're excited. But this promotion is a choice because it's a lot to ask of anyone." He ranted.

Bree shrugged. Whatever it was she could do it especially if it meant more money. "This would require you to move to another city." He dropped the news on her.

They were all expecting a different reaction from her. Maybe for her to decline because she had a family, or maybe say she'll think about it. But her smile only grew wider as she accepted the offer without hesitation.

No one at the office knew anything about her. Except she was always draped in designer and did well at her job. But today they knew for sure that she was different from the average working woman.

By the next day both Shamar & Bree would be on the next flight to, new beginnings.

_________________________________________

Which city should they "start over" in?

Vote & Comment & Follow & Add.