TD|| His secret

The sun beamed down inside of the home, the door creaked open

The sun beamed down inside of the home, the door creaked open. They were greeted by the stale air and dust on the hardwood floors. Besides needing a little cleaning up the place was pretty ok.

Waving her hand around in the air she stepped inside, her eyes bounced around the kitchen and living room. Amazed by its big windows and plain furniture that complimented the place so well she smiled. "Looks like no one's ever lived here."

"That's because no one has." He shrugged brushing pass her "It's a one-bedroom so.." Breezy pushed the door to the bedroom open dropping their bags to the floor.

"Plain but i like it."

"Ima go take a shower and then we can walk to that little store."

She nodded watching him leave the room. Taking a seat on the bed she stared at his backpack. Thinking back to yesterday's incident she quickly got up and locked the door. Dashing over to his backpack she unzipped it and began digging through his things.

Lifting the two pill bottles she held them up to the light, quickly she scanned over the labels. Her eyes widened staring at both bottles "What the fuck." She whispered.

This explained it all his weird behavior, off and on attitude, reasons why he didn't want her seeing these bottles.

Snapping out of the trance she had fallen into her she heard the doorknob jiggle "Open the door, Bree."

Still holding the pill bottle in her hand she stormed over to the door snatching it open "When were you going to tell me? Huh?"

"Fuck is you doin' with these?" He snatched them away from her "What i say about mindin' ya fuckin' business Bree!"

"When were you going to me Shamar? When were you going to tell me that you're bipolar? How long?" She still stood in his face staring at up him.

Hearing the word bipolar triggered him. He had only been diagnosed a couple of months back. The disease was still foreign to him and hearing the word bipolar just irked him. It wasn't something that he wanted to accept about himself.

"Shut the fuck up!" He sighed slamming the bottles on the nightstand. Running his hands down his face he looked over at her "I got diagnosed a couple months ago.. I ain't wanna tell you because It's not something you say in the middle of something like this."

"And the other pills are just to help me sleep at night."

"What about these ones?" She lifted two extra bottles from the bag.

"Uh I- I don't really know I- I just need those ones."

She squinted her eyes at him before opening her mouth to speak "You're not saying.. You're just out here taking drugs please tell you're not doing that to yourself."

"Look it's getting late we should go to the store."

What he was doing to get by was his business, at least that's what he thought. After all it was all her fault he hadn't been the same since she left three years ago. She had no idea what he did to move on just for her to end up in his life again.

"Are you serious right now?"

"I don't have time fa' this ima go without you bruh." He pulled the hoodie over his head.

Bree shook her head throwing a hat on "You're not leaving me here alone."

Stepping outside she was greeted by the fresh air, sparkling lake, and earthy smell that lingered about in the air. "Why do
we have to walk?"

"If you got a problem with walking you can stay hea'." He jogged down the wooden stairs and made his way onto the street.

Walking beside him she stuffed her hands into into her pockets "Why do you have an attitude?"

"Why are you asking so much questions?" He retorted.

The more they walked she observed the small town. It was nothing much just like he said. It was one of those places that you wouldn't even think existed. It was pretty quiet and the locals didn't seem to care much about who they were.

It was nothing like the cities she lived in and grew up in. She wasn't used to the small crowd or the nature-based environment. She wondered how long it would be until she started to feel homesick. Bree was a city girl so small towns like this weren't really her thing.

In the span of twenty minutes they had seen most of the town and picked up a few things at the store.

"You didn't think about having to carry all of those back didn't you?" She chuckled.

"Man shut up and help me with these bags."

_________________________________________

Thoughts on everything so far?

Vote & Comment & Follow & Add.