TD|| Was it all worth it

Letting her feet hang off of the dock Bree stared up at the night sky

Letting her feet hang off of the dock Bree stared up at the night sky. She was growing tired of everything, she wanted her freedom back. Being locked up in the house with her ex-lover only made her develop hatred for him.

She couldn't believe three years ago she called herself being in love with him. If she could've she would've erased everything. Some say everything happens for a reason but what's the reason for this? This felt like punishment.

After all, she couldn't blame Shamar he had done his share of dirt in the past but he never got caught this was all because of her foolish wrongdoings at least that's how she felt. She killed a man, over a sister that didn't care about her. One question lurked around in her mind, was it worth it?

She stared down at the dark water below her, it looked as if it had no end. So dark, so scary. She stretched out her arms glancing at the slices on her arm. A few months ago she never thought she'd see herself in this state.

Life was all about finally moving forward and here she was feeling hopeless. There was no point in living if you're going to die in jail if you had a love-hate relationship with your soulmate. She went on the run with a man that was careless and only cared about his foolish personal needs.

Slowly she slipped off of the dock and into the water.

Breezy sat on the couch sparking up a blunt. Despite not having anywhere to go he was still draped in designer from head to toe. The Louis Vuitton silk shirt he wore hugged his muscles and he had a pair of shoes to match.

He stared down at the brick-shaped satellite phone that was resting on the glass table. Awaiting a phone call. He knew it was only a matter of time before their little hiding spot was busted so it was time to make a few calls so that things could go back to normal again.

He missed the thrill of the streets.

Lifting up from the couch, he waltzed over to the window peeking through the blinds. Bree had been outside for too long he was curious to know what she was doing.

Breathless, skin color slowly fading, and the white dress she wore floating at the lake's surfaced. Her long black hair dangling about in the water floating so freely.

The front door flew open and he ran at full speed with his heart pounding out of his chest. He forgot about all of the expensive clothes he wore it all meant nothing. He dived headfirst into the water.

The cold water engulfed both of them. He reached his arms out yanking her small figure. For a moment it felt like he couldn't breathe, Shamar stumbled over his own breath while swimming to shore.

Fighting back his tears he laid her body out on the grass and began pressing his hands on her chest attempting CPR. With each attempt, hoping that she would come back to him. "You can't do this to me, you can't.."

_________________________________________

🤧

Vote & Comment & Follow & ADD.