Chapter 3: Found

The high school bell rings at 8:31 am every morning. I hear jughead and his friends talking in the common room, He's dating my half-sister Betty, I wonder if that'll make it weird between them.

"Yeah my Dad said that history repeated it's self," Jughead said one day.

"So we have a little sister and a older brother," Betty had replied.

"Yeah It's kind of weird," Jughead had said after.

I crawl in the walls, and go to junior classes. It's a Saturday that means I can read, write and draw.

"Betty come on I need to get some stuff from when I was living here," I hear Jughead say, I have nowhere to go.

"Yeah, but Jug don't you feel weird going to school with no-one here?" Elizabeth askes. I run to my little crevasse and start to squeeze through the gap my cheek feels really hot and sore where it scraped against the broken drywall.

The door knob jiggles and opens.

"Jug, did you leave it in this state?" Betty askes.

"No, I did not," He replies.

My throat feels dry I last had water yesterday morning that's not good. I have the need to cough. Don't cough, Don't cough, don't you dare cough Melony Jean Lilith Jones-Cooper Don't you dare even think about coughing. Too late.

"Did you hear that?" Jughead says, No shit sherlock.

"yeah I think I did," Betty reply's, Wow how dumb are these people?

"Look there's a hole in the wall," Jughead says.

They look inside the hole. I raise my hand and wave awkwardly.

Jughead and Betty take me to pops chok'lit shop it's amazing.

"So um what's your name?" Jughead askes after ordering four burgers and 3 milkshakes, 2 chocolate for me and jughead and a strawberry for Betty.

"Melony Jean Lilith Jones-Cooper," I reply the two look at me, "Forsythe Pendleton Jones III also known as Jughead Jones and Elizabeth Cooper also known as betty," I say

"wait how do you know who we are?" Betty askes.

"I also know you talk about me during school so don't even try to man handle me got it?" I say.

"No one is trying to man handle you," Jughead says in a calming voice.

"Your mom sold me!" I say tears in my eyes, "How am I suppose to trust you?" I say.

"Because we're your family, we are here to protect you" Betty says.

"When did I have someone to look out for me? When I was at the farm being Hurt or when I was sent to the sister of quiet mercy being tested on? Or maybe was it when I saw my brother my only full sibling Murdered by a drug addict?" I say.

"The farm? you lived in the farm?" Betty askes.

"Not the right time, Betts" Jughead says.

"Here's your food kids," Pop says putting the burgers on the table.

"thank you Pop," I say in a voice as sweet as silk.

"What is your name I didn't seem to catch it," Pop says.

"LJ," I reply.

"Well nice to meet you LJ, How long will you be in town for?" Pop asks me.

"Still unsure," I say with a smile.

"well I hope you stay long its nice to have some new faces," Pop says before walking away.

I grab the burger closes to me and dig in taking a bite, its the best thing I have ever eaten Its soft and crunchy, the fat doesn't spill but I can still taste it, the Sause complement the food adding the extra Flavour.

I have finished I don't remember having any more bites.

"WOW, I think you eat faster then jughead," Betty says shocked.