15

Her blood ran cold, seeing him standing there, bruised and bleeding but alive. She couldn't believe he was here, having the audacity to stand there in front of her after what he did.

"Sinai. We need tah' have words." He told her in a rough, exhausted voice. Broad came up from behind her, "Do I need to place a hollow point in yo ass crack for ya to leave my sis alone?" She pushed Broad back, "Lemme handle it." Shots laughed, "Bitch please." He aimed at Sonny with a sinister smile and his trigger finger itched to pull. "Chris, Stop. Y'all stay tryna get involved with that nigga. Let me handle it."

Ruthless turned to Sin, "Yo stupid ass stay mingling wit the devil and get mad when you catch hell for it."

"Let me handle Sonny. Y'all weren't bothered when Lucho broke my heart." Sin retorted.

"That's cos yo flip floppity ass asked for that shit. Can't play both sides, lil sis." Shots told.

"Braden... please get them out so I can handle this shit." Sin sighed, "I need this shit... for Chris, B. Twenty minutes."

Broad rolled his eyes, motioning for his little crew to leave. "The slightest shit I hear, and I putting you next to yo daddy." Sonny nodded, way too tired to fight a nigga he didn't wanna see.

"The fuck you here for." She rubbed her arms, tears threatening to spill.

"I'm sorry."

She scoffed, a tear falling down her cheek, "You killed Chris! Thank God, they could bring him back! You had nothin' to worry about! I was sendin' him home, to much a safer lifestyle wit his new thang. You didn't need to shoot him twice in the stomach!" Her voice began to break, "I told you, you had me on lock... despite the bullshit you put me through."

Sonny walked closer to her, her shivering and backing away. "You sca'ed of me now?" He asked, disbelief and hurt flashing his eyes.

She couldn't look him in his eyes, a deep breath exiting. She wasn't scared of him, she was scared of the feelings she got when he touched her.

"I love you."

Warmth flooded his cheeks, a real nigga just blushed. "I kno' a nigga don't say that shit a lot but I swear on my pops grave, I love you, ma."

Her eyes slowly met his, tears streaming down her face. She waited to hear those words, put up with his shit for a year, the same nigga shot her ex, yet she anticipated this moment.

"I swear, I'll put all them bitches to the side. No more bitches, point blank. Just don't tell me my ride or die quittin' on me." He used his hands for emphasis, slowly walking towards her. Her body relaxed as his hands were placed on her waist.

"I love you too." She whispered, hands on his shoulders.

Pinning her to the wall, "But I'on't know how long I can keep doin' this shit witchu Sonny." He places a kiss to her forehead, putting his own there the words coming from his mouth in the faintest whisper, "I can't do this shit without you ma. I fuck up witchu, but you know you got me. Imma always run to you."

Her heart melted, lips finding his. "Silver Rivera." He told her. "What?" He pecked her lips, "It's my name." Hearts thumped against their chest, gaze intensifying with each second that passed. He loved her. No one knew his real name, not his homies or his hoes. Only his mom and brothers. And for a second, she forgot that he never told her his real name, maybe she assumed Sonny was his name.

"My pops named me after his favorite color. He always called me Sonny so I took after that when he got shot by yo manos from him gettin' caught in my mix. I hated them mothafuckas for that shit." There was emotion in his voice. His dad meant the world to him, and him getting shot fucked him up beyond repair. Seeing his dad get shot, falling next to him on the concrete, his eleven year old self, he was never the same. And all at the hands of a sixteen year old Broad who fired a gun at the old man, with his brothers, in a fight.