7

Lucho was taking a nap, sprawled on the couch, his head on her lap. Sonny said he had to drop off some money so she left her door unlocked and her glock beside her. He was so cute, head turned towards her slightly, lips parted, slightly below average snores escaping. His arms were crossed and she took time to really see his face. Chestnut brown hair, the two dashes in his right eyebrow, mole on the left side of his jaw, the eyes slanted almost like he was Asian, skin the shade of honey, skinny but muscular body, tattoos on his neck and arms and hands, Lucho truly was handsome. He had permanent scars on his hands from the fist fights he's had over the years. She saw the tattoo of his mom's name on his neck, Rosalie, encased in roses. That was her favorite that she could see.

Sonny walked in, seeing Lucho and his spirit shifted. His eyes noticed her hands stroked his face and hair. He placed the duffel bag of cash on her coffee table, her eyes meeting his. She shifted, leaving the napping Lucho on the couch while she went to speak with Sonny in the kitchen.

"Cute." He told sarcastically, her giving a look of sass. "The fuck's up yo ass?" She bucked her head back. "Nothin' Sin. Imma jus go and leave y'all to fuck or whatever since that's clearly what y'all doin'." His tone was hostile yet nonchalant. "Can't say I'm not out here snackin and shit. Got better shit to do than stare at a plate every nigga eating from." Her hand cocked back and swiped across his face, face turning dramatically from the impact. Sonny looked at her and back handed her. "Put yo mothafuckin' hands on me again bitch, and I swear on my pops grave you'll be lying next to his ass." She looked at him, stone hard face, bruise forming. A tear strolled down her face as they collectively stared at each other. They stood there, her examining Sonny's red bruise on his cheek, and him studying the dark bruise on her cheek. His jaw clenched, watching her slap him again, harder, placing hands on him before he did so back, hitting her mouth causing her to bend over the sink, spitting blood. She wiped her mouth with a paper towel, turning to him, "You call me wifey, ditch me, put me standby like shit tv reception, fight my ex, tell me how much you wanna fuck, how I'm not like these hoes, and then call me a hoe and hit me." The room was silent for a few moments. "You called me a bitch." She looked in Sonny's eyes, "You didn't put 'the baddest' in front of that shit either." Blood ran cold as she pointed a glock she keeps in the kitchen towards him swiftly. He came in unprepared. It was only her, she'd never shoot him or so he thought. That changed everything, her pointing a gun at him, hands as steady as a stone wall cemented together. "Get out, Sonny, 'fore I put you six feet deeper than yo pops, ya dig?" That distant crackling that only he heard was the sound of his heart, his stone heart chipping and cracking. Sin wasn't your average bitch. She told him she lived by her name, and she meant that. A sin in the bedroom, a sin the streets, recognize her power. No matter how she felt of Sonny, her heart broke at what happened, and Sonny could see it in her eyes. But her stance, her face said fuck outta here. "So that's how it is? You'd pull a gun out on ya boy?" You could tell by his tone that hurt his feelings, although his lifestyle prevented him from actually saying that. "You fuckin' my homeboy, dog when I'm obviously breakin' rules in this bitch to see wassup wit you." A humorless laugh escapes her lips. "What rules? You act like I'm new to this shit. You took me one race and ditched me to fuck some other chick. It's not like I'm a virgin, partna, I woulda gave you some." Sonny sighed, staring down the barrel. "You the one tryna be all special and shit, we coulda been fucked and stay out each other way." That was the truth and Sonny knew it. If it was about getting his dick wet by her, they would've been done it, so with that being said, reaching for straws he accidentally told the truth. "You different ma. I'on't know why or how, but a nigga feel some typa way bout you." She cocked her gun, "Five...four..." It didn't work on her, he shook his head and left while he could, pushing Lucho out the way who'd waken up.

She winced at the alcohol being dabbed on the side of her lip, tears stained her cheeks from crying about Sonny. Lucho didn't speak about it, he knew his place. She needed to heal from it, and he was gonna be there no matter what, and he thought of it as a friend. At first. He took a wet face towel and wiped the sides of her face cleaning it of tears. "Whatchu wanna do, chava?" He asked, not proposing sex, but she took that option. Propped up from behind, the hole in her heart begin to fill with her new obsession, Lucho.

It played through their heads the events. One was balls deep in another chick, trying to forget, the other was getting balls deep with his homie. Like he figured, 'a friend'. He didn't leave her side, or her pussy. They were at it more than necessary as 'healing' as she put it.

•••

Walking around the mall, an arm around her shoulder, he had about three bags in his hands, her having six, three in each hand. They were approached by one of Lucho's hoes, "Lucho, I ain't seen you in a minute." Her eyes were focused on him. "Been busy." He shrugged. "When imma see you?" She approached him, him smoothly sliding past her. "When you see me." And he bounced. She turned and saw Sin, almost going for it, "Who's that bitch?" Sin smirked, Lucho standing in front her her. Sin put her curly natural hair in a pony while Lucho spoke, "You remember what happened to yo sister? That was accident. What would happen if I did that shit on purpose?" That was a difference. Lucho had one incident where one of his hoes stood to close while he was mad, she ended up going to the hospital, lying and saying it was a wreck. "Have fun wit yo new hoe. Hope she worth it." Lucho's hoes didn't fight each other, mainly because if they did, he instilled enough fear in them that if they decided to, they'd have him to deal with. He wouldn't hit them, but they didn't have to know that. Sin did. He gave a warning to her, so she knew he wouldn't to her, unlike Sonny. Sonny'll smack the dog snot outta bitch.

"You know I got shit to do tonight?" He half smiled, her hands trying to tug for him to come back inside. "Stay." She whined, jutting her bottom lip out. "Soaker I've been up in here for a month nonstop, I gotta go home and take care of business." He chuckled. Her lips caressed his slowly as he left.

Maybe that was a good thing, getting space. Maybe then she'd develop her own heart beat and breathing pattern.

It seemed that everyone knew Lucho was crashing there a while, and they all watched him head back to his own crib. They saw his cocky smirk, a smile on her face, and Sonny watching from his spot smoking a blunt on the ground with a group.

Sonny and Sin met eyes for a brief moment, her turning away and heading inside.