Chapter 9: The Ball

A month had passed ever since the first date between Taehyung and Yoongi and things had taken a different turn for them. For instance, Yoongi would make frequent visits to the gallery with different treats for Taehyung while on the other hand, Taehyung had started taking initiatives to ask Yoongi out. They had become more affectionate towards each other. Though their physical affection was limited to hand holding, occasional hugs and kisses on the cheek, they both were enjoying each and every minute of it.

It was another normal day when Taehyung decided to meet his friend Hoseok, who had gone to London for the last one month. Upon reaching at the building, Taehyung stepped outside his office room and knocked. 

"Come in" Hoseok said eyes fixated on his paper.

"Excuse me Mr. Editor, do you think its possible for me to meet my busy friend once?" Taehyung said giggling.

Hoseok recognized the voice right away and rushed to hug his friend. "Taeee, god I missed you so much. How have you been?"

"I have been good. The gallery is going well I guess." Taehyung said while taking off his coat. "How was the trip?"

"It was amazing, actually better than last time. Plus, London feels oddly like home, you know. I don't feel bad there, other than the fact that I do miss my friend a lot." Hoseok hugged Taehyung tightly  again. When he pulled away, he saw the silver bracelet in Taehyung's hand. "Oooh, such a beautiful bracelet Tae, where did you get it?"

"Actually its a gift" Taehyung blushed slightly. "Remember that commander friend of Jin and Namjoon hyung. Recently, we have been, how do I say, quite close" Taehyung finished, the blush still sticking on his cheeks.

"Oooh lala,did you guys kiss already or more than that has happened? Tell me everything. Have you guys done the dirty already?" Hoseok asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Ok firstly, doing the dirty? What does that even mean? We are not doing the laundry here Hoseok. And, god no we haven't kissed yet.  Also, you know how much time it takes me to open to someone." Taehyung sighed.

"So, that means there is a possibilty because you said yet" Hoseok said, especially emphasizng on the word yet. "So, when exactly do I get to meet your prince charming? Is he good looking? I bet he is hot to have your attention grabbed."

"Check for yourself you dirty minded perv. And yes, about that. Apparently, there is a ball tomorrow in the city hall . And Yoongi has invited me, Jin hyung and Namjoon hyung. Perhaps, I was hoping you could join us too" Taehyung asked.

"Well, well what a sweet coincidence. Because I am also going there tomorrow as well. Some of the editors from The London Times came along with me and father asked me to accompany them. They are doing this project of collecting articles from different countries in Europe. And speaking of that, I was wondering if you wanted to do it. I know you write very well Tae" Hoseok said with a hopeful smile.

"You sure Hoseok? I mean its been quite sometime that I haven't written anything." 

"Don't worry Taehyung, you don't really have to be an established author or write an entire book. Its just one article or more like one story. And maybe, the story might inspire you to write. Inspiration can come from anywhere."

As soon as Hoseok mentioned this, Taehyung's face sulked down and Hoseok quickly noticed it. "What's the matter Tae? Is everything alright?"

Sadly, Taehyung hadn't gotten a response from his mysterious author. It had already been two months and there was still no sign of any response. Initially, he thought maybe the author was caught up in work but with time, he was starting to feel the author really didn't want to reply.