Chapter 15: The Ponytail

The next morning the weather after the storm was calm and peaceful. The birds were chirping and the sunrays were slowly entering the room. Jungkook slowly opened his eyes to see his face was close to the back of someone. For a while, he didn't realize who it was but then slowly he remembered what had happened yesterday night. Taehyung's fear, Naeun's advice to sleep and the closeness of their body made sense now. Taehyung had his hand placed on top of Jungkook's hand and he was sleeping soundly. Their proximity made him realize how nice Taehyung smelled, like a fresh fragrance of flowers. Though he loved every bit of it, he had to get up and make breakfast for the two so he slowly pulled his hand out, making sure he didn't wake him up. He tip toed to the door and as he was about to open it, he heard, "Papah".

He realized Naeun too woke up and was rubbing her eyes. She looked at Taehyung and then her papa. She fell back on the bed and snuggled closer to Taehyung's chest. As adorable as this sight was for Jungkook to watch, he didn't want Taehyung to wake up. He gently walked towards Naeun and said, "Nana, let tata sleep. We will go and make breakfast for him okay."

Naeun agreed and opened her arms signalling her papa to lift her up. Jungkook easily complied and lifted her up and the two headed to the kitchen.

Jungkook made breakfast for the three. He wanted to wake Taehyung since it was already 11 in the morning but he was afraid he might ruin his sleep. So, he decided to tell Naeun to wake him up.

Naeun took baby steps up to her room and went near the bed. Using all her energy and will, she got on the bed and close to Taehyung. She placed her tiny palm on Taehyung's cheeks and said, "Tata, wake up."

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes to the most beautiful sight. Naeun was caressing his cheeks and telling him to wake up. He smiled and said, "Good morning Nana" and placed his hand on hers which was placed on his cheek.

"Papah made breakfast. We eat".

Taehyung slowly woke up and said," I will freshen up Nana. Why don't you go to Papa? I will be down in a minute."

"No, no. Tea get cold. Papah iz waiting."

Before Taehyung could protest, Nana hung her body on Taehyungs' and aksed him to carry her down. Taehyung was half sleepy but carried Naeun down. As they got downstairs, Naeun asked him to place her down and then held his hand dragging him to the kitchen.

"Papah, I got Tata." She felt like she had accomplished a mission assigned by her papa.

"Good girl darling, aren't you the strongest" Jungkook said patting her head.

Jungkook shifted his attention to Taehyung. His shirt all disheveled, hair pointing out in all directions, his half sleepy eyes and smiling face. He could get used to this view every morning. But wait, what was he thinking?

"Good morning Jungkook".

"Good morning Taehyung. Did you sleep well?"

"I did." After pausing for a while and debating whether he should bring it up or not, he said, "Jungkook, thank you for yesterday night."

"No problem Taehyung."

As Jungkook was replying, he saw a small feather from the pillow was stuck on Taehyung's hair. Without even thinking, he slowly pulled it off Taehyung's hair, his finger gently touching Taehyung's neck. "You had this stuck on your hair" he finished with the smile.

Darn, that smile.

Taehyung didn't know why but everytime Jungkook would touch him, it felt so different. He had held hands with his "boyfriend" Yoongi and kissed too, well on the cheeks but never had he felt this about him. On the other hand, Jungkook's touch, stare, smile and actions, everything seemed to have an effect on him, a magical one.