Chapter 39: The New Book

(A/N: I realized I made a small error in the last chapter of calling Yoongi as Taehyung's fiancé but just to clear up, they are only in a relationship. I have edited that part. Sorry)

One month.

It had been exactly one month since Taehyung had returned back home. But the irony was it didn't feel home anymore. Home was walking up to Jungkook's front door being embraced by the love of Jungkook and Naeun, surrounded by their laughters and smiles. That is what home was.

When he first returned, he was warmly greeted by Namjoon and Jin at the station. The couple were happy and excited to see their child like brother return after what felt like ages.

"Tae, god I missed you." Jin said hugging him tightly. Taehyung wanted to reciprocate the same enthusiasm but all the tears flown out of his eyes had drained him to the fullest. He smiled and hugged back weakly.

"It's good to have you back" Namjoon added with a bright smile.

Breaking the hug, Jin scanned Taehyung's face carefully. It looked sad, tired and lost.

"Was the trip tiring?" he asked while Namjoon grabbed the suitcases from Yoongi.

"Just a little bit" he lied.

"Well I will feed you and give you a great massage and all the tiredness will go away." Jin added cheerfully.

"Yoongi, would you like to join us for dinner? I am sure you are exhausted as well." Namjoon offered.

Had it been earlier, Yoongi would have happily obliged. But tonight, he knew his presence wasn't welcomed.  It would hurt him to see Taehyung suffer more from having to pretend around him.

"I have work early morning Namjoon so I am afraid I would have to decline. Apologies. I will visit next time for sure."He lifted his bags and turned to Taehyung who was unsure of what to say to him.

"Taehyung, take care of yourself and don't beat yourself too hard. I am sure you will figure out things gradually." He said with a sad smile.

"Thank you for assisting me in the trip back" Taehyung said, a genuine thank you.

He smiled and took his leave.

Taehyung was silent on the way back home which concerned the couple. They exchanged concerned looks but didn't ask as they felt it must have been the exhaustion. He silently had dinner and left to rest in his room thanking them and apologizing for not being able to accompany.

When he finally left, Namjoon and Jin spoke to each other.

"Do you think anything happened back there?" Namjoon asked seriously.

"I feel so Joon. He's usually silent but today he was awfully silent, almost as if it pained him to even speak a word. I was thinking it was the exhaustion but he seems rather lost and sad now."

"I know, and even when I talked to Yoongi, he seemed a little disturbed. Do you think they got into a fight or something?" Namjoon asked.

"I don't think so. They seemed fine but just lost in their own worlds. Perhaps, I should talk to him tomorrow. The tiredness will wary off too by tomorrow." Jin eyed Taehyung's bedroom door from the dining hall.

"He will get fine, don't worry" Namjoon said placing his hands on Jin's, giving a reassuring squeeze.

But in reality, the following days had turned out to be a lot worse. Taehyung would always lock himself up in the room and step out occasionally for lunch and dinner. His conversation was limited to morning and evening greetings and a yes/no during lunch and dinner. He was getting visibly pale and weaker by day but that wasn't the worst part. His nightmares had started to recur. And the aftermath of them seemed to be worse. Jin and Namjoon would accompany him in such times hugging him dearly. His cries sounded more pitiful, sorrowed and desperate for help. They would always find themselves holding him till his cries left his body exhausted till the point he would drift to sleep. But Taehyung still didn't open up to them about what had resulted in this situation.