Chapter 41: The Hope

First few days, Yoongi had trouble accepting the reality. But after another month, life was getting normal. When people long for something, hope is what keeps them going but now there was no hope, just the reality and he handled it well than he had expected to. Little did he know, there was going to a living embodiment of hope waiting for him.

He was seated in the cafe reading a book sipping his coffee. But his thoughts seemed to be away from the book.

"You know books are to be looked at when reading?" He heard a familiar voice next to him. He looked to his side, seeing a familiar figure standing with his as usual cheerful smile.

"Hosoek, what brings you here?"

"Well, a cafe is supposed to be visited for a good cup of coffee I guess." Hosoek leaned down checking his sides and whispered, " but I am here on a secret mission." He joked. But immediately regretted seeing the unfazed expression.

It probably must have happened a hundred times how he had made himself awkward in front of the latter but he never seemed to stop.

The lack of response from Yoongi made him feel even more awkward and evoked an undying desire to kill himself but he felt he should leave before he made even a bigger fool out of himself.

"I should leave" he spoke awkwardly about to turn round when he heard,

"Would you like to join me for coffee Hoseok?"

Hosoek certainly felt the land swept off his feet but he couldn't fall down and add to his embarrassment more. So, he slowly turned around and asked again to see if he was dreaming or if it was actually happening.

"I beg your pardon?"

"If you don't mind, would you like to have a cup of coffee? I think I have lost interest in the book as for now. Perhaps you could enlighten me about your secret mission" he continued with the joke Hosoek pulled.

And who was Hosoek to deny a request for him? And the two sat down in the corner of the cafe, sipping coffees, probably blossoming a new chapter in their lives which was about to take a sweet turn, just like the melting sugar in their coffee mugs.

Two months.

Taehyung couldn't believe his own eyes and mind that he had finished so much draft of his book. It wasn't physically impossible but he knew how authors often needed consistent inspiration and push to continue writing a book but that seemed to be no issue from him. Words, sentences and paragraphs seemed to be flowing to his finger as he typed on and on.

But he knew the reason behind the consistency as well. He was merely putting his beautiful memories into words, it was only natural to have such a flow. Initially, he thought he would probably need about three four months but seeing the progress he made in the last two month, he felt he could finish it in two-three weeks more.

It was an emotional roller coaster. Having to recall the memories and write them down but every filled page only added to how beautiful the memory was because at the end of the day, it was his time with Jungkook. A borrowed time with the man he had fallen in love with. Every now and then, he would think of what the latter was doing back there. Did he miss him like he did? Or was he still mad at him for breaking his trust? These thoughts occasionally stopped him but then he would always be reminded of what finishing the book would mean. So, he typed till his fingers ached and told him to stop. He was more than happy with the progress he made.

As he expected, another month and the book finished. It was fairly evening when he typed the final words and looked at it, he couldn't help but allow his happy tears to flow. As if on impulse, he stood and ran out of his room screaming his throat out, "I finished the book, I finished the book."