XXIV

Saint

"So you telling me that you, the girl who was scared to even kill a spider. Killed somebody?" Aliya asked me for the 5th time.

"Yes me, Santina De la Cruz, I did it ok, can you stop asking for i have to cut yo lips off with the blade in my pocket." I threatened her taking a sip of my beer. I told her what had happened while i put my groceries away and she helped. Since it was so nice outside we just decided to chill outside. So her daughter Rome was riding her bike back and forth occasionally getting off to play with the bottle caps and sometimes cigarette butts, that were everywhere. 

"Ight chill, its just hard to believe. I mean you don't seem like the type to kill somebody especially over somebody else." She said and i shrugged trying not to think of, you know who.

"Well love makes people do crazy things." I looked down and started playing with my shoe lace. I wonder what my life would be like if i hadn't had met Titan. I would be at Harvard right now sitting in the front seat of a class i didn't want to be in. Taking notes for something i don't even want to major in. I would probably be secretly dating a girl because my parents would still be in control of my life. I would have never made my own decisions. Never would have became my own person, and i would have never truly experienced what life feels like. But most importantly i would have never met the love of my life. I saw a ant run past me and i took a deep breath. "But what about you, you never told me how you got baby girl ova there." I said looking up at her and taking another sip of beer.

She sighed then rubbed her nose. "You remover Marcus Hobert?" She asked me and i thought back and then slowly nodded.

"Well he raped me and i got pregnant. But my mom didn't believe me she just assumed i was being fast. So she sent me out here to live with my grandparents. That's how i had my first baby Aniya. She's at home with my wife now. My grandmother lives up the street from here and i just wanted to visit her. Because i didnt see her much after i moved to palos Verdes." She told me and i gripped the bottle.

"Damn you gotta whole wife." I said and she blushed and nodded. But then her eyes got big and she looked at the watch on her wrist.

"Oh shit i gotta go, i promised her i would have dinner ready before she got off work." I shook my head. I remember this being a usual thing with her, we would hangout all day then she would suddenly remember she had shit to do. "Uhm you got my number call me." She said getting up and running over to Rome and picking her up then her bike. I watched her put Rome in the back seat of her car then put her bike in the trunk. She then got in the passenger side snd waved at me as she pulled away. I drunk both of our beers then got up and went inside.

I flopped down on the couch with my phone in hand. I didn't have a tv or really any entertainment. I sighed and let my hair out of the bun. I put my feet up on the coffee table and just listened to the people outside yelling, laughing and playing like it wasn't bout to be 9 at night.

I laid there for a little longer before hopping up walking to my room. I just got out the pen, my girl unofficially-officially broke up with me and I'm in a whole new state where no body know me. So fuck this staying home bored shit, I'm going out. I looked in my closet for something to wear. I finally came across my black skinny jeans with a white T-shirt and a black pullover. I braided my hair into two braids then put on my all white pure money Jordan 4s along with my black tint sunglasses and light jewelry. I looked in my full body mirror feeling good. I missed dressing up and wearing something different than those ugly jail scrubs.

So i finally got to the front of the line for the club and and i gave the bouncer person what ever my $10. "Get outta here kid." He told me not even taking my money.