Chapter 4

Jungkook POV

As practice comes to an end, I grin to myself as I walk over to the corner where my bag is and grab my water bottle. Everyone's all laughing and joking around as I look over to the others, though I frown a bit when I see Yoongi off to the side all on his lonesome again. Biting my lip for a moment, I take a drink of my water before tossing it in my bag.

"Alright! Everyone ready to go?" Namjoon hyung asks with a smile as he looks around at the six of us. With the exception of Yoongi and myself, everyone nods their heads tiredly.

"You guys go ahead and get to the car. I'll meet you there in a second." I tell them with a small smile. Yoongi frowns over at me before looking back to Namjoon.

"I'm staying. I've got work to do." Yoongi informs them as well. Namjoon gives me a small smile, nodding his head before leading everyone else out of the room.

"Why are you hanging back, Jungkook?" Yoongi asks as soon as the door falls shut behind them. It pains me just a little that he didn't call me Kookie like he had earlier, that having been the first time in a couple of months since the last time he had.

"I wanted to talk to you actually, hyung." I respond softly, rubbing the back of my neck nervously as I look over to him. He sighs, shaking his head at me.

"There's nothing to talk about, Jungkook. Just go ahead and get going so that you can all get some sleep. It's late." Yoongi comments back with a small frown. I bite my lip, shaking my head at him though.

"That's exactly it though, hyung. There is, and you're only proving it. You've been so cold and distant lately, Yoongi. And... Then occasionally to slip in something so that you're still the silently caring hyung we all know you to be, but I know something's wrong. Hyung, you haven't been this cold in a long time and I'm really worried for you." I counter, not being able to contain it any longer. He looks a tad taken aback by my sudden outburst of concern, sighing and shaking his head once more.

"You don't need to worry about me, Jungkook. I'm perfectly fine. I'm just stressed out with trying to make sure everything's going to turn out perfectly for army's." Yoongi argues softly. I frown though, not buying it for one second.

"Is that so? Is that what's got you turning so suddenly cold on me? Is that what's had you replacing me with Jimin for the last two months now? Keeping you so fucking distant from me?" I challenge, feeling tears slowly forming in my eyes. His eyes widen at this though, clearly not having expected this as his lips fall a tad slack. Though, it's only seconds before they're pressed into a thin tight line, rolling his eyes as he shakes his head at me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Yoongi mutters coldly, causing me to whine in frustration.

"I'm tired of getting pushed away, Yoongi. I want to know. What did I do wrong? Why are you suddenly keeping your distance from me?" I push, wanting desperately to know what the hell is going on with the gray haired boy. He purses his pouty lips, shaking his head for what feels like the millionth time now.

"You're overthinking shit, Jungkook. Quit worrying about shit that's not even happening and go home." Yoongi mumbles with a sigh, walking over to his bag and pulling a water from it. I stay silent for a moment, watching him as he takes a few sips from the bottle.

"It feels like you hate me all of a sudden, Yoongi. Like you want nothing to do with me. I just want to know what happened between us to cause this, because I'm watching you not only push me away, but now Jimin too. And I'm worried about you. I... I'm not gonna keep wasting my time and my breath though, if you're just gonna keep being cold and hating me and pushing me away." I tell him quietly, tired of fighting what feels like a losing battle as I let my gaze fall.

"I don't hate you, Jungkook. I could never hate you." Yoongi murmurs, the silent room enabling me to hear. With a lone tear sliding down my cheek, I lift my head back up and glare at him.

"Then what the fuck is going on?!" I snap accidentally, not being able to contain my frustration with him. I can see the sadness seeping into those beautiful dark brown eyes of his, but I can't bring myself to regret having snapped the way I just did.

"Just go home and get some sleep, Jungkook. Stop worrying so much about me." Yoongi says with a sigh, shaking his head as he tosses his water bottle down on top of his bag. Shaking my head as more tears fall, I run a hand through my hair as I roughly yank my bag up off the floor and sling it over my shoulder.

"Fine. Have it your way, hyung. You don't want me around you anymore? You don't want me worrying or caring about you anymore? Fine. Don't fucking come to me when you're too stressed out or even when shit gets better again. I'm fucking done." I growl before storming out of the practice room, not having meant a single word.