Chapter 8

Jungkook POV

Running a hand through my hair the next morning, I sigh softly as the seven of us enter the practice room. Glancing over to Yoongi dejectedly, I notice his own dejection in his eyes as he looks around at the six of us, a small smile on his lips anyways. It's a confusingly painful expression, the pain in his eyes despite a seemingly content and happy little smile on his lips.

I just shake my head to myself though, not bothering to say anything, not bothering to even so much as question it. He clearly doesn't want me around anymore, and so it's just not worth it to even try anymore. Especially after how hard he's been trying to push me away, how much he doesn't want to let me in.

Biting my lip, I decide to just ignore him and go over to the far side of the practice room to drop my bag off with the others, pulling my water from it before setting it down. I take a few swallows from it before tossing it on top of my bag, looking over to the others to find them all in their own little worlds as they chatter off to each other. I just purse my lips at this, rolling my eyes as I try not to feel too bothered by this. It's not like it's their fault that I'm in this situation right now. It's not like they're the ones forcing Yoongi to act all cold and distant from me.

"Alright! Everyone ready to get started for the day?" Hoseok calls out to all of us. The others grumble lightly in joking with him, all seven of us moving to get in place to get started.

Thankfully, today's much easier to focus on the work, letting my mind get engulfed with the things we're learning today. Though, despite it being easier to pay attention, my body feels heavier than it has in a long time, as if some sort of dead weight exhaustion has suddenly dragged my body down, making it feel heavier than normal.

I force myself to ignore the feeling though, knowing that I can't let it get to me. Knowing that it has everything to Yoongi, knowing that it has everything to do with what's going on and the fact that I didn't sleep well once again, knowing that something's going on and that I can't do anything about it.

I manage to stop just seconds after the others as we all stop, my eyes following everyone else's to find Yoongi on the floor. He's got his eyes wide as he looks up at the six of us, surprise and pain in his eyes as he looks up at all of us. Though, he sighs softly, sounding a tad defeated as he pushes himself up off the floor, giving everyone a small smile.

"Sorry, guys. Tripped over my own feet, I guess." Yoongi mumbles quietly, getting back into place. The defeat and slowly sinking look in his eyes worries me, but I try not to think about it too much as I know where it'll lead me.  As I know it'll just lead me to start pushing him for the answers again, as I know it'll lead to frustration and tension between the two of us again.

So, I force myself to focus on the others again, force myself to ignore my hyung once more, focusing on the dancing. I push myself, dragging my body all around the floor with me. My body feels even heavier this time though, even harder to move around from just how weighed down everything feels. My arms, my legs, even my torso feels even harder just to twist around a bit to complete the motions properly.

Thankfully, the rest of the morning doesn't take too long, soon getting a break halfway through just like always. Taking a few deep breaths, I make my way over to where my bag is at the end of the line of our things, grabbing my bottle that I'd left on top of my bag, easily finishing off the rest of it before tossing it and grabbing a new one from my bag. Glancing around at the others, I find Yoongi left off on his own again, everyone else off on their own conversations together. Tae, Hobi, and Jimin are all talking together about one thing or another, Namjoon and Jin hyung having their own discussion as well. I just sigh quietly to myself, wishing I could go back and fix things with Yoongi. Wishing that I could go back and keep things from falling apart like what's happened with him, with us.