✳✳ SEVENTEEN ✳✳

Junyeol shakily downed another glass of whiskey, trying to erase the image of Chang's lifeless body from his mind, yet it doesn't seem to be working, the image was still fresh in his mind, despite the body being removed, the words scrubbed clean, the gift and it's contents collected, and the countertops wiped down hours ago, it all felt new, as if only minutes passed.

The police had searched his home and property, but they found nothing.

Not a fingerprint.

Not a footprint.

Nothing.

Another drink.

Another attempt at forgetting.

The world began to grow hazy as Junyeol took yet another shot. The rain outside grew heavier and more fierce, the crash of thunder seeming to shake the walls, the lighting casting dark ominous shadows around the room. The wind howled fiercely, bending the trees to it's will, sending them scratching upon windows, roofs, and outer walls. 

Every noise sent an already paranoid, and drunk, Junyeol further on edge. With his left hand, Junyeol refilled his glass yet again, his right wrapped around his loaded revolver.

His eyes grew heavy.

His vision blurring.

His hearing muffled as if underwater.

The alcohol pulled at him, dragging him under, until it finally swallowed him in darkness.

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

A boom of thunder awoke Junyeol from his drunken stupor. The dark room lit up at the bright flash of lighting, revealing a black hooded figure towering over him, gloved finger to his lips as he reached out for him just as darkness overtook the room once again.

Junyeols eyes widened in fear.

He felt a leather gloved hand clasp around his gun hand, raising the revolver to his lips. Junyeol clamped his lips together as he practically kissed the steel barrel, but a pinching of his nose, closing off his airway, had him gasping for air, allowing the barrel to slide into his mouth.

Silent tears fell as the metallic taste of the revolver touched his tongue. He squeezed his eyes shut as he felt his finger being forced to squeeze the trigger. There was nothing he could do, the alcohol made him weak and defenseless, making him unwillingly compliant in his own death.

A crack of thunder.

A flash of lighting.

The bang of a gun.

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

< News Program >

Male Anchor: The body of Shin Junyeol was found dead in his home this morning with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Police have ruled his death a suicide.

Female Anchor: Authorities believe the death of Yoo Chang is linked to the Bangtan investigation, and may have been the victim of the same individual responsible for the murders of the six men said to be hired by Mr. Shin to assassinate Bangtan Sonyeondan, however, due to virtually no clues or leads to help in identifying a possible suspect, police have stated they have no choice but to declare the murder investigation a cold case.

-Click-

The T.V. was clicked off abruptly, putting an end to the news program. Jungkook smiled a bright bunny smile as he stared into the eyes of his reflection through the dark black screen of the television and at the inner monster smirking back at him before slipping back into the deep dark recesses of Jungkook's mind until the day someone was foolish enough to awaken him from his slumber once again.

----------End----------