Chapter Nine ~ A Day Full of Sadness

The sun was shining. Of course it had to be morning.

I felt Jon's arms around me and I slowly pulled them off. I went to the bathroom and took a shower.

Once I got out, Jon was still sleeping. I looked at my phone to see the time. 6:43. Ugh, so early for the freaking morning. I texted April to see if she was awake.

Hey April, do you want to go out for some coffee? ~Kat 

I got a reply a few seconds later meaning she was up.

Heck yes! I'll meet you in 15 minutes<3 ~April

Yay!! See you soon x ~Kat 

I hurried and got dressed into a black tank top, light blue shorts, and some black shoes. My hair was still a little bit wet but I didn't want to wake Jon up by blow drying.

I heard him stir around. I turned around to look at him and saw him sit up. He looked over at me, wiping his eyes like he was trying to get used to the sunlight. "Hey baby. Where are you going?" he asked me in the most adorable morning voice I have ever heard.

"April and I are going for some coffee. I'll see you soon, okay?" I said, going over to him and pecking him on the lips. I turned around, and felt his hand grab my wrist. I turned around to look at him with a confused look.

"Be safe, Kat. I love you." he said, looking right in my eyes. "I love you, too, Jon." I said and gave him a small smile. He let go of my wrist and laid back down on the bed. I looked at him one more time then left the hotel to meet April in the coffee shop. I sat down across from her and she looked up from her phone.

"You're here! How are you doing?" she asked me.

"I'm okay, I guess. Listen, I have something to tell you but you can't tell anyone." 

"Okay, spill it."

"This was a mistake. I never meant to do this but me and Nick had sex last night. I was just so upset because I felt like Jon was mad at me! He is acting a little bit weird this morning, but April, I never meant to do that to him. That was a huge mistake." I half-whispered, half-yelled to her. There wasn't anyone else in the coffee shop except a few workers. She looked at me with a sad expression, then said, "I'm sorry, Kat." she said, quickly getting up and heading for the door.

"Wait, where are you going?" I asked, following her.

"I'm going to tell Jon. I'm not doing this for me. I'm doing this for you both. You guys seem upset with eachother right now and I can't let you two break up so early in this relationship. If you keep this as a secret from him, he will find out one day. It's only going to get worse. If you tell him now, he won't be as mad." 

"April, are you crazy? You can't tell him! He'll hate me and I don't want to lose him! It was a mistake and I can't let him know." I said, and grabbed her arm. Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I am. You can hate me for now if you want, but you will thank me in the end. You can't keep it from him forever. The sooner, the better." She said, and tugged her arm away. With that, she was gone.

It was a mistake. I never meant to do that to him. 

I started to run to my car. I had to get to the hotel before April could. 

I love Jon. I never meant to do anything that would hurt him. This is the beginning of our relationship and we can't let it end so early.

Once I got to the hotel, I hurried into the room. April was there standing by the TV and Jon was sitting on the couch. From a side-view, I could see that he looked really upset. April looked at me and said, "I told him everything. I told him how you thought he was mad at you and how you didn't know what you were doing. I told him that you said it was a mistake." she said. She walked over to me and squeezed my hand. "Kat, please don't hate me but I've never seen you so happy before. I just didn't want it to end so early."